This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• double standards by moderators

I notice that some posters are able to break rules and get away with it, but others are not and are warned and/or restricted.

Why is this?

note: I have no problem with the apolyton moderators and worship the ground they walk on

P.S. why have the smilies changed? Is there some special event I don't know of?

Comment

mods are generally fair... I think this supposed double standard is in your head. I think some posters make comments in jest, which might be misinterpreted as favoritism... but in reality, I think the mods generaly can tell when something is tongue-in-cheek as opposed to some insult or flame.

If anything, I think mods let a lot go... especially from me.

THANKS GUYS
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Technically I think there are cases of double standards. But one should consider how difficult it is to maintain consistency in what are quite often situations that are very hard to compare, and perhaps involve different mods.

When the rules are clear there can be consistency, but they can't always be black and white. I think generally a reasonable effort at consistency is made.

Comment

Different mods will always have a different interpretation of the same rules, can't be helped.

( Unless you feed Ming 1 gallon of coffee each hour and make him work 24/70)

Comment

There are probably a few cases of the same **** being posted twice but one guy being hit harder. However, the mods are only human, and most of the time they're actually quite lenient.

(For example, this thread has not yet been closed.)
            meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

How someone is handled by a moderator might depend on many things. All moderators are humans, and no bots following very strict rules. Also most actions by mods are a result of more than one post. There may be warnings, and there may be notorious crime. That means that the decisions has to be taken from time to time. And there is nothing bad with that. Just remember to not offend a mod on one of his bad days

Originally posted by Dissident
              P.S. why have the smilies changed? Is there some special event I don't know of?
              Yesterday Apolyton's fifth birthday.
              Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

It depends a lot on how they see the person's intent. If they feel that a person is trying to break the rules, a punishment is more likely than if someone broke the rules by accident.
                I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
                  mods are generally fair... I think this supposed double standard is in your head. I think some posters make comments in jest, which might be misinterpreted as favoritism... but in reality, I think the mods generaly can tell when something is tongue-in-cheek as opposed to some insult or flame.

If anything, I think mods let a lot go... especially from me.

THANKS GUYS
                  Sava is an idiot. (test )

Comment

Yep... some people are treated differently than others.

Jerks that continue to break the rules get cut no slack.
                    People that usually behave well get cut some slack.

And as mentioned above, it's a matter of what we think the intent is. Some posters aren't trying to break the rules... others do it on purpose as a game. Those kind of people get restricted often.

If you are on the "crap" list... you've earned it by being a complete ass... so deal with it
                    Keep on Civin'
                    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                    X