Forum images served differently

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum images served differently

Most of the forum images are now served from a second http daemon. If you see anywhere any images missing please report it
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Well, it's only been up for a few minutes (I assume) and it's not exactly very busy on the forums, but I'm already noticing a nice boost in performance

It'll be interesting to see how well it does during peek hours
    Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Looks like they are all there But shouldn't you be defending Greece instead of tinkering with Apolyton?
      Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
      And notifying the next of kin
      Once again...

Comment

peek hours - the hours when you watch to make sure your boss isn't peeking over your shoulder while you spost Apolyton.

I'm getting a noticeable load boost too.
        American by birth, smarter than the average tropical fruit by the grace of Me. -me
        I try not to break the rules but merely to test their elasticity. -- Bill Veeck | Don't listed to the Linux Satanist, people. - St. Leo | If patching security holes was the top priority of any of us(no matter the OS), we'd do nothing else. - Me, in a tired and accidental attempt to draw fire from all three sides.
        Posted with Mozilla Firebird running under Sawfish on a Slackware Linux install.:p
        XGalaga.

Comment

Who is he defending Greece from? America isn't going to attack them, Greece is our friend, besides we have to smack France first...........

Comment

Originally posted by GhengisFarb
            Who is he defending Greece from? America isn't going to attack them, Greece is our friend, besides we have to smack France first...........
            Well, first there are those evil Turks and then there are those menacing Macedonians. Poor little Greece is surrounded by powerhungry countries...
            Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
            And notifying the next of kin
            Once again...

Comment

GhengisFarb, Hueij and others who may be considering continuing the off-topic discussion that has begun in this thread:

A continuing of this practice will result in at minimum the closing of this thread. This is the only warning that will be served.

Back to your regularly scheduled topic...

---------
              Dan; Apolyton CS
              PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
              >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

It's been whizzing along for me so far Mark.........though I guess the crunch will not come until Monday when the Americans start arriving at work.

Comment

It's 10:30 CST, which is about getting to the time we call "peak hours", and it isn't breaking a sweat. (Well, it is slow, but I'm so used to that for Apolyton it's normal. I mean, it is actually loading the pages is all that matters. )

EDIT: D'oh. It's a Saturday too. ...Well, we'll see how it works when the new invasion of lazy work-slacking RoN cheatseekers comes on Monday.
                  meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

we'll see on monday.

for now its great, much better.

Comment

Much better! Speed is excellent. It is good to have you back at least for a little while Markos!
                      "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Yes... peak hours on Monday will be the true test...
                        But looks great now.

Good job.
                        Keep on Civin'
                        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

While, as Ming says, it's not peak time here, the site is definitely speedy for me. Page loading times no more than 5 seconds today. Great stuff!
                          Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                          I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Are avatars (or more correctr will they be once they return) also on that other place?
                            Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

If you see anywhere any images missing please report it

I would like to report that the avatars are still missing
                              Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                              Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Working...
                              X