Default No of Threads per Page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Default No of Threads per Page

Can you choose how many threads you want to see in one page? My problem is the current 25 threads per page option is skipping threads between pages. I was searching for a thread and I couldn't find it. I resorted it by names and it was there. And then I noticed that my page 1 shows thread 1-25 of 49, and page 2 shows 26-48 of 48. Clearly it somehow skipped one thread which is the one I was looking for.
    Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Was the thread you were looking for near the 25/26 area of the page? Perhaps it moved when you went to the second page. I normally open both page 1 and 2 at the same time to prevent such occurances.

Then again, maybe the server did temporarily eat the thread you were looking for. Who is to say? It has not happened to me before though.
    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Hehe this does happen from time to time (and once quite recently IIRC). I have seen it but it always seem to go away after a few attempts at replication. An observers' paradox for the modern world.

Comment

Well I never noticed this before but now it always happens for me. I just tested for the ACDG forum, last 30 days. Page 1 showed 1 to 25 of 28. Page 2 listed only one thread, and says that it is showing threads 26 to 26 of 26. Isn't this strange.
        Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

What browser are you using?

Comment

This happens when there is a topped thread.

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
              What browser are you using?
              IE 5.0

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

*CoughOperaCough*

I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by skywalker
                  This happens when there is a topped thread.
                  The Force is strong with this one. He is correct.

It's a known bug in vB forums. There is a black hole between the first and second pages of threads equal to the size of the number of topped threads in that forum.
                  If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Ahh, enlightment brought in! So it IS a known bug. Unfixable too, I suppose?

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns

*CoughOperaCough*

Hehe, blah Mozilla blah gecko powered blah open source blah blah.

That should stop Rasbelin posting.

Comment

I'll have to try it some time I guess.

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Originally posted by HongHu
                          Unfixable too, I suppose?
                          Unfixable by our admins? Yes.
                          If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

I am not allowed to fix it.
                            Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Working...
                            X