IE6 poly problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IE6 poly problems

I've been having some serious problems with accessing poly after up-dating to the most recent IE6 version. I posted this in OT but I think it will be a community problem unless MS fixes it soon.

PS in the middle of posting this it told me I was unregistered!
    We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
    If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
    Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

get a decent browser

Comment

Amen. What possessed you to do something foolish like that?

Comment

Originally posted by Method
        get a decent browser
        What would you suggest, pray tell?
        We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI

Comment

Where's the Opera guy when you need him?!?

I prefer IE5.0, myself.

Comment

Get Opera (ad-supported, but no restrictions to use) or Mozilla (free browser, with a good email client). Both are infinitely superior to IE and have lots of interesting features that will make you curse the days you used to surf using IE.

Opera: http://www.opera.com

Mozilla: http://www.mozilla.org
            I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Opera also has the added benefit of strange graphics glitches. At least the linux version does. I'm going to try Mozilla.
              American by birth, smarter than the average tropical fruit by the grace of Me. -me
              I try not to break the rules but merely to test their elasticity. -- Bill Veeck | Don't listed to the Linux Satanist, people. - St. Leo | If patching security holes was the top priority of any of us(no matter the OS), we'd do nothing else. - Me, in a tired and accidental attempt to draw fire from all three sides.
              Posted with Mozilla Firebird running under Sawfish on a Slackware Linux install.:p
              XGalaga.

Comment

tabbed browsing...damn, i'm drooling again...get out the towel...

meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

I was happy with 5.5 SP2 but when I tried installing after formating my c drive it wouldnt find the program. I think it has something to do with MS no longer supporting win98. The stupid thing is that you can can get 5.5 if you have ME (ie win98se with a few downloadable additions).

I looked at opera but the idea of banner ads puts me off (poly is bad enough. ) and I'll be damned if I'll pay for a browser.

Are you saying that even with the banner ads opera is that good?

Comment

The best part about Opera is that the animated smilies usually don't move. Neither do the animated avatars.
                    American by birth, smarter than the average tropical fruit by the grace of Me. -me
                    I try not to break the rules but merely to test their elasticity. -- Bill Veeck | Don't listed to the Linux Satanist, people. - St. Leo | If patching security holes was the top priority of any of us(no matter the OS), we'd do nothing else. - Me, in a tired and accidental attempt to draw fire from all three sides.
                    Posted with Mozilla Firebird running under Sawfish on a Slackware Linux install.:p
                    XGalaga.

Comment

I looked at opera but the idea of banner ads puts me off (poly is bad enough. ) and I'll be damned if I'll pay for a browser.
                      There is a way to get "rid" of the banners... Though I won't tell anything in public.

Comment

Originally posted by geeslaka
                        The best part about Opera is that the animated smilies usually don't move. Neither do the animated avatars.
                        Yes they do. I have Opera, and I see my avatar almost all the time. If you use 7.11 it's fine.

Comment

I am using 7.11 right now and your avatar is not moving.
                          XGalaga.

Comment

Opera, Mozilla, yada yada.

IE 6.0 works fine on both my work and home computers. When I updated from 5 (or whatever version it was) it royally screwed up though. A complete uninstall and reinstall of the altest version and everything worked fine. When in doubt, don't look elsewhere, reinstall first.
                            Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Originally posted by geeslaka
                              I am using 7.11 right now and your avatar is not moving.
                              Then it's a local problem and nothing to do with Opera.

Comment

Working...
                              X