X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thread Accessible From Search, Disappeared From Forum Page

This is the thread in question:

It shows up when I seach my own posts, but I can't find it on Civ3 - General at all. What the heck happened?
    No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Maybe it's on the second page.
    badams

Comment

If it is now, it wasn't then.

Comment

I can't tell you what you saw, maybe it didn't exist when you looked at the civ general listing, but it was there when I just looked for it.

:shrug:
        badams

Comment

Here's the bottom of the first page:
          Attached Files

Comment

...and here's the top of the second page:
            Attached Files

Comment

Needless to say, I'm still not seeing it.

Comment

very interesting.

As you can see from my screenshot of the second page, there it is, the first one and before the helicopter thread.
                Attached Files
                badams

Comment

Here is a way it could happen.[list=1][*]You check the first page and discover that it has fallen off.[*]It recieves a reply and moves to the first page[*]You check the second page to see if it is there but it has moved up.[/list=1]

The problem with that possibility is it only allows for one miss. Obviously if you hadn't missed it when you rechecked the first page you wouldn't have come here, so I don't know what caused the problem.
                  American by birth, smarter than the average tropical fruit by the grace of Me. -me
                  I try not to break the rules but merely to test their elasticity. -- Bill Veeck | Don't listed to the Linux Satanist, people. - St. Leo | If patching security holes was the top priority of any of us(no matter the OS), we'd do nothing else. - Me, in a tired and accidental attempt to draw fire from all three sides.
                  Posted with Mozilla Firebird running under Sawfish on a Slackware Linux install.:p
                  XGalaga.

Comment

Well...someone just posted in it, and it has re-appeared in the appropriate spot on the first page. So the mystery's over -- not solved, just over.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Monk
                      Well...someone just posted in it, and it has re-appeared in the appropriate spot on the first page. So the mystery's over -- not solved, just over.
                      They say abandoned threads are haunted by the SPAM DEMONS....
                      Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                      Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Forums that have stickied threads have a gap between pages. It is a known bug.
                        Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

What are stickied threads?
                          American by birth, smarter than the average tropical fruit by the grace of Me. -me
                          I try not to break the rules but merely to test their elasticity. -- Bill Veeck | Don't listed to the Linux Satanist, people. - St. Leo | If patching security holes was the top priority of any of us(no matter the OS), we'd do nothing else. - Me, in a tired and accidental attempt to draw fire from all three sides.
                          Posted with Mozilla Firebird running under Sawfish on a Slackware Linux install.:p
                          XGalaga.

Comment

Threads with have the following format:

Top: [thread title]

Comment

Yeah this crops up from time to time. It usually just sorts itself out.

Comment

Working...
                              X