Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

if a thread is closed, do everyone's posts not count toward post count.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That would make this thread immune to deletion. By Rah and Ming, anyway.
    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Well I just got a +1 as long as this thread isn't deleted.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
        Well I just got a +1 as long as this thread isn't deleted.
        You may get a +1, but don't forget about the mod WMD pack...-10% post count or the all expenses paid vacation to Mingapulco!
        "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Originally posted by PLATO1003
          What makes the determination for you guys as to weather you close a thread or delete one?
          Hard to say... We all have our different styles... I tend to delete far more threads than the other mods.

Usually, if it's just a pure spam thread, I will delete it to make sure nobody gets a free +1 out of it. If it is a "cross the line" thread, I will delete it so as to not encourage others to do the same. If the title or subject is unapporpriate, it will get deleted. If somebody is just playing "piss the mods off", it will get deleted.

And the traditional double threads (somebody who posts the same thread twice because of the slow server) or "empty" threads, also caused by server problems, get deleted.

Long threads that turn spammy at the end usually only get closed. If I want to make a point, I will close a thread and post a strong warning as the last post.
          Threads started on the same subject as another active thread usually get closed with a link to the other thread.

These are my general guidelines, but there are exceptions.
          Keep on Civin'
          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

That is pretty much how I thought it was. It seems that if the thread starts out legit then it is usually only subject to closing if it goes downhill, wheareas if it starts out in the wrong direction then its toast.
            "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Did Zylka's "I'm going to jail" thread get closed? It doesn't fall under your guidelines, unless I happened to miss some of teh discussion (last time I refreshed - 1 hour ago.)

Usually when a decent thread turns to a spamapolooza though, you'd assume it might be near the 500count anyways, and that would then be a great excuse for getting rid fo it.
              meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Hehe threads can turn spammy much quicker than that.

Comment

Speaking of spammy, I expected you to pop up in this thread again Spikey

Comment

Where's FP's hilarious pot/kettle pic when you need it, Mr 7.87 ppd?

Comment

You both do me proud.
                      Bring forth the spam.
                      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by mrmitchell
                        Did Zylka's "I'm going to jail" thread get closed? It doesn't fall under your guidelines, unless I happened to miss some of teh discussion (last time I refreshed - 1 hour ago.)
                        Zylka requested it to be deleted.

Comment

His last post was... delete this thread... so I did.
                          Keep on Civin'

Comment

Zylka's wish was granted. I'm not used to seeing that happen usually the mods are dragging him away, kicking and screaming, to Mingapulco.
                            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

You are too benevolent, Ming.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
                                Zylka's wish was granted. I'm not used to seeing that happen usually the mods are dragging him away, kicking and screaming, to Mingapulco.
                                Well... his actions usually earn such treatment
                                Keep on Civin'

Comment

Working...
                                X