Idea: Include "go to your latest post" in the "My threads" section

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mrmitchell

But if you registered in...June? 2003 (bad memory )...and IIRC they changed it before that...then that's CONCLUSIVE PROOF! Ming, now all we need is the final confirmation...
    In case you haven't already figured it out I'm just fooling around to see how many fools I can convince that I am a DL when I'm not.
    American by birth, smarter than the average tropical fruit by the grace of Me. -me
    I try not to break the rules but merely to test their elasticity. -- Bill Veeck | Don't listed to the Linux Satanist, people. - St. Leo | If patching security holes was the top priority of any of us(no matter the OS), we'd do nothing else. - Me, in a tired and accidental attempt to draw fire from all three sides.
    Posted with Mozilla Firebird running under Sawfish on a Slackware Linux install.:p
    XGalaga.

Comment

You were the first Settler I saw to know whut DL means, IIRC.

(1) You've been lurking the forum for a while. (Unlikely.)
      (2) You catch on really fast. (Impossible ).
      (3) You're a dl. (Bingo!)
      meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

In one of the first threads I started (http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=90233) I asked what DL stands for and Ming was kind enough to tell me.
        Unlike other people you know I catch on really fast.
        And if I am a DL then I've ovbiously dropped my other logon completely to obtain such a high number of PPD.
        American by birth, smarter than the average tropical fruit by the grace of Me. -me
        I try not to break the rules but merely to test their elasticity. -- Bill Veeck | Don't listed to the Linux Satanist, people. - St. Leo | If patching security holes was the top priority of any of us(no matter the OS), we'd do nothing else. - Me, in a tired and accidental attempt to draw fire from all three sides.
        Posted with Mozilla Firebird running under Sawfish on a Slackware Linux install.:p
        XGalaga.

Comment

Originally posted by Frozzy
          Is that an old thread with old replies?
          Maybe it was on that fist pic. But the function of your circled link is the same as the little boxes in front of the thread title on the forum page (my second attached pic).

"This only takes you to the first post since your last log-on, it doesn't keep track of whether you looked at a particular page."

The example I gave was Suomithreadi XXVII, which I had never opened before, but clicking the link took me to post #179. That was the first post dated after the last time I had logged on.

It can't be too hard for cookies to keep track of the last page I've viewed in a subscribed page and take me back there instead of some arbitrary point in time that I may have logged in to check a PM or do a quick post for a succession game.
          (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
          (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
          (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

On a site with tens of thousands of threads open at any given time, and you want it to record the last time you accessed each and every one of them? I hope you have plenty of free h/d space if you plan on storing all that data...
            I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by geeslaka
              In one of the first threads I started (http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=90233) I asked what DL stands for and Ming was kind enough to tell me.
              And if I am a DL then I've ovbiously dropped my other logon completely to obtain such a high number of PPD.
              I should be ashamed--I posted in that thread

(That doesn't change my opinion though )
              meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns
                On a site with tens of thousands of threads open at any given time, and you want it to record the last time you accessed each and every one of them? I hope you have plenty of free h/d space if you plan on storing all that data...

/me blames Skanky

Pay attention: I said subscribed only. If you didn't spam in so many worthless threads hd space wouldn't be an issue, would it?

And how much space does it take to store threadid and last viewed page length/number in the Apolyton cookie? Sounds like 4 bytes of data… add in the date to make pruning easier, 3 more bytes. In txt format 20ish characters.
                (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Originally posted by geeslaka
                  Well maybe not.

Since you have survived this long I conclude you are a clever enough DL not to get caught, or someone who unfortunately looks very much like a DL, but is not.

The jury is still out.

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike

Well maybe not.

Since you have survived this long I conclude you are a clever enough DL not to get caught, or someone who unfortunately looks very much like a DL, but is not.

The jury is still out.

hi ,

panag thinks back of when drspike was being accused for being a dl , .......

dont bash the newbies , ......

have a nice day
                    - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                    - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                    WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

I don't recall ever being accused of being a DL when I started posting.

Comment

Working...
                      X