Quotes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quotes?

Just curious... Why are there those quotes whenever you have posted/voted? Most of them makes no sense at all, while others are way too long to read (And no, I don't intent to press the pause button, just to read it)... Why are those quotes chosen?

Sure, some of them are funny, but they are seldom...
    This space is empty... or is it?

It's from a generic database. Do a search on the forums and you'll find a link to download it.

Comment

With those boring quotes in it, I'm not interested in downloading it...
      This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

It was some good ones before, but that was under the old server I think...
        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
        I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
        Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

There are two quotes threads buried in the Community forum filled with quotes that we the people have added to the database. If you feel like making the quotes list more interesting, resurrect one of those threads and start adding more quotes.
          I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

There are lots of good ones, actually.

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns
              There are two quotes threads buried in the Community forum filled with quotes that we the people have added to the database. If you feel like making the quotes list more interesting, resurrect one of those threads and start adding more quotes.
              There was a new thread right after the new server went up. But did those quotes actually make it into the database? I may have not read the thread very well, but I don't recall seeing any of the quotes from there in the QOTD.

And I kind of agree with ADG here - the quotes from the old server were much better. Many of the new ones just seem like random phrases.
              XBox Live: VovanSim
              xbox.com (login required)
              Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
              Spore page

Comment

This sounds like a good idea. Let's make up a few new 'poly-centric quotes.
                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

All* we need is someone to transfer the quotes from the two threads into the database.

* I say all, but how long would it take and how easy is it?
                  One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Working...
                  X