Huh.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huh.

Maybe whoever deals with the actual guts of the site is aware of this, and working on fixing it (or not caring enough to bother), but I thought I'd point it out on the off chance that that wasn't the case. It seems that one cannot search by name:

Warning: mysql_query() [function.mysql-query]: Unable to save result set in /home/apolyton/public_html/forums/admin/db_mysql.php on line 116

There seems to have been a slight problem with the database. Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.

We apologise for the inconvenience.

Database error in vBulletin: Invalid SQL: SELECT searchid FROM search WHERE showposts='0' AND query=' 1=1 AND thread.forumid=\'143\' ' AND postids='76582,76585,76587,76590,271216,274270,212 2689,2122229,2121930,2121849,2121714,2121702,21223 30,2122695,2118909,2116198,2116037,2115343,2113320 ,2113331,2115295,2113087,2113129,2113070,2113072,2 113008,2112975,2113036,2115317,2113606,2113784,211 3926,2113552,2113797,1576462,1576477,1576491,15765 06,1576549,1576919,1576930,1576941,1576946,1576955 ,1576962,1576972,1578393,1578397,' AND querystring=''
    mysql error: Got error 134 from table handler
    mysql error number: 1030
    Date: Wednesday 25th of June 2003 09:42:07 PM
    Script: /forums/search.php
    Referer: http://apolyton.net/forums/search.php?s=
    darkgrendel: DM, writer, and all-around raving lunatic.
    Proud member and administrator of the Wavy Club

And no, I'm not dead.

Indeed, searching by name only produces an error. Searching by name and a word in the query string doesn't, however.
    XBox Live: VovanSim
    xbox.com (login required)
    Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
    Spore page

Comment

I get similar errors too using the 'my threads' feature from time to time.

Try again later
      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
      Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Hi darkgrendel.

The error you have referenced above simply means that at a particular moment you submitted a connection request to Apolyton's server it was too busy with other requests to successfully complete yours -- specifically, it was attempting to connect to our mySQL database which powers our forums. As stated in the error, pressing the "Refresh" or "Reload" button (named depending upon your browser preference(s)) should resolve this problem if not within a few moments than most likely within a few minutes.

If you are finding this problem persisting, try if possible to browse the site at (a) different time(s) during the day for a couple of days. If the said error seems to persist nonetheless for more than 72 hours, feel free to report it in via email with as much detail (including logging) as possible.

On behalf of the Apolyton CS staff and administration, thank you for your continued patience and understanding.

-----------
        Dan; Apolyton CS
        PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
        >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Dan is always so polite..............thanking us for the pleasure of providing this service to us free of charge. Do you want to pay my internet bill as well?

Seriously

Comment

And next time you would like him to pay for your computer as well.

We understand and thanks Dan!
            Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

I also occasionally get this problem. Then again, I don't find much trouble with it, I usually just refresh like it asks.

(However I get this problem seemingly more often when I access "My Threads" from in a regular forum page like this than from the main http://www.apolyton.net home page. Also, their URL is different ?)

EDIT: I mean, like, http://apolyton.net/forums/search.ph...uery=&showot=1 as opposed to http://www.apolyton.net/forums/membe...=viewmythreads . However, I see this is in the other thread.... Nevermind, I guess.
              Last edited by mrmitchell; June 26, 2003, 13:36.
              meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Originally posted by DanQ
                Hi darkgrendel.

The error you have referenced above simply means that at a particular moment you submitted a connection request to Apolyton's server it was too busy with other requests to successfully complete yours -- specifically, it was attempting to connect to our mySQL database which powers our forums. As stated in the error, pressing the "Refresh" or "Reload" button (named depending upon your browser preference(s)) should resolve this problem if not within a few moments than most likely within a few minutes.

If you are finding this problem persisting, try if possible to browse the site at (a) different time(s) during the day for a couple of days. If the said error seems to persist nonetheless for more than 72 hours, feel free to report it in markg@apolyton.net">via email with as much detail (including logging) as possible.

On behalf of the Apolyton CS staff and administration, thank you for your continued patience and understanding.

-----------
                Dan; Apolyton CS
                Ahh. I tried refreshing, to no avail, and assumed it was an actual error. Thanks for the explanation.
                darkgrendel: DM, writer, and all-around raving lunatic.
                Proud member and administrator of the Wavy Club

And no, I'm not dead.

Comment

It does look like it is an actual error. Since now I always get it, no matter how fast I could access other forum pages (which means it might not be due to server being busy).
                  Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

should be ok

please report any similar errors
                    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Slower than "Your threads" but working.

Comment

Working now.

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Originally posted by HongHu
                          And next time you would like him to pay for your computer as well.
                          I would continue posting at apolyton if they paid for my next computer
                          The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

No, you would continue posting if it meant paying for THEIR next. It's addicting. I mean, Poly's like heroin. The first hit is free, just a small answer to a civ question, but then it pulls you in....(see the 100,000 USD$ in the "Mod" thread.)

Comment

Working...
                            X