Auto-logging out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nikolai
    What on Earth do you want with 13 threads at one time?!?!?
    The better to spam you with my dear.
    If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Okay!
      Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
      I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
      Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Every day at some point I have at LEAST 10 windows open. I go to several forums and open up almost every thread with new posts. I don't see how you could NOT have lots of windows!

Comment

I've got 13 right now.

Without the yanks on the forum we've got bandwidth to burn, baby!

Yeah, it is a real pleasure to brouwse poly during (GMT) daytime, until 17.00, then the fun's over
          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
          Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

I open as many windows as I can while 'Poly is willing and able...

Saves me having to wait until the page loads before I can start reading, or to have to wait until my reply is in before I can start reading another thread.
            I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

I'll open a bunch so I don't have to wait ten minutes between threads. I usually can keep enough windows open to always be browsing.

Comment

Even in the old 56k days I would be able to continuously browse with 2 or 3 windows. Any more just seems greedy to me.

Comment

Agreed, never more than 3 at a time.

I only get logged out once or twice a month.
                  It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Just happened to me, only one window open.

It would be nice to know what actualy causes it.
                    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                    Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by alva
                      Just happened to me, only one window open.

It would be nice to know what actualy causes it.
                      hi ,

server overload , isp that break the connection for a fraction of a second , a router somewhere along the line that is old and outdated , one of them grey boxes of your isp on the street that has water leaking in , there could be a million reasons , .....

have a nice day
                      - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                      - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                      WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Yes, the complex way to say **** happens.
                        Last edited by rah; June 18, 2003, 10:08.
                        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Well ten windows open you could need a lot of time to read them all and then you want to reply or finally post your reply. And then you got a server time out. Yeah this is necessary, normally I don't go to the front page or where ever this log out button is, just for logging out. I just close my browser and the server things I am still online. So you need this time out if the user is idle for some time.

-Martin
                          Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

this just started up again for me just today. Never had a problem with that the last few months.

Comment

I got logged out the other day, first time in a few months.
                              I just logged back in and continued spa I mean posting meaningful posts
                              The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

seems fine now. minor forum glitch

Comment

Working...
                                X