No announcement yet.

Minor problem with the "Ignore List"...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minor problem with the "Ignore List"...

Hello,

I have never put anyone on my Ignore List, yet when I read an old thread some posts were not displayed since the posters "are on my ignore list". I went to the Control Panel to delete any names there, but found none...

What's going on and what can I do to be able to read all posts?

Thanks,

Carolus
    Last edited by Carolus Rex; June 6, 2003, 11:54.

Those people are ignoring you, so you can't read their posts either.
    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Its just a problem with some really old threads, where people were allowed to post as guest. We don' have guests anymore, so....

(Yes, MarkG's old post get ignored )

-Jam
      1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
      That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
      Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
      Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

DaShi

Of couse, just so you know, Jam's got the correct answer
        badams

Comment

When was it we stopped allowing guests to post?
          Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
          I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
          Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

next Q about this: July 8
            meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Wow, I was able to predict exactly what the question in this thread was going to be. Yes, that's what happens for really old posts.

Comment

No, actually "Guests" have never been able to post. But it used to be when someone's name is changed under UBB the status of posts under the old name would change to "Guest."

It appears that with vB the old posts get the new name.
                (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Yes, it's the dangers of going from uBB to vBB. Would we get these difficulties if we upgraded to vB 3.0?
                  meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

I still don't know why my account can see all those old comments fine. Apparently I am in a minority though.
                    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by mrmitchell
                      next Q about this: July 8
                      Hm. You seem to imply that this is a frequently asked question. Well, some of us have lives you know and can't read every thread on every forum every day.

Something to put in the FAQ then?

Carolus

Comment

Originally posted by Carolus Rex

Well, some of us have lives you know and can't read every thread on every forum every day.
                        ... although there was a time when we could keep up. Ah, those were the days!

Carolus

Comment

He's not complaining, many here quite enjoy the opportunity to get the +1s by having bets on when such questions will be asked again.

Also there is no point putting it in the FAQ, many people will likely never read it as its far easier to just post a question thread.
                          One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Crunch
                            He's not complaining, many here quite enjoy the opportunity to get the +1s by having bets on when such questions will be asked again.
                            Don't be ridiculous.

Comment

I still don't know why my account can see all those old comments fine. Apparently I am in a minority though.

You sure are..., you sure are
                              -
                              Don't be ridiculous.

Pfff, where did he get that idea...
                              Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                              Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Working...
                              X