newbie questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• newbie questions

Ok I better get these questions cleared before I become a king.
    1. What is a banana? (Aside from it's normal meaning of being a kind of fruit)
    2. What is a DL? (I bet it's not double life)
    Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Re: newbie questions

Originally posted by HongHu
    Ok I better get these questions cleared before I become a king.
    1. Newb
    2. Double Login.
    Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
    Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

I've tried to find out about the banana before and my threads are closed by Ming as potential spam fests. I haven't tried OT yet though. Maybe I'll try there...

Comment

We have had several threads about the mighty Banana. Just do a simple search!

As for DL...

The DL dance!

A DL is something not appreciated here at Poly, namely an extra login. It is only legal to have one login here.
        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
        I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
        Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

I've tried to search for it but couldn't find anything relevant; only some mentions in Civ threads. Maybe my inability to search correctly is why I will never know the true meaning. If you're willing to share with a slobbering idiot that can't seem to get hooked on phonics, can you enlighten at:

Comment

Re: newbie questions

Silly option given in polls, meant as a sign of not caring about said poll.
            Originator of this is disputed.

Double Logon, having two or more accounts.
            Against the rules, and if discovered, punitive action will be given.
            I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
            i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

Weird... I do remember a pretty good thread that was not too long ago, but I can't find it neither here or in the archive... Guess it disappeared after the Settler II came into the scene... But just so you know it, I'm not the best man to ask about the Great Banana. It's a complex story, and I'm afraid I'd forget important details!
              Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
              I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
              Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

I looked for it too, and I've seen it before on Settler 2. It must be one of Ming's missing threads (tm)

-Jam
                1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

If you hang around awhile, you get tired of it soon enough, I know I am.
                  Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                  Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by Jamski
                    I looked for it too, and I've seen it before on Settler 2. It must be one of Ming's missing threads (tm)

-Jam
                    Are there any more of such Ming's missing threads that holds such mysterious and important information?
                    Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

GOD YES!

-Jam
                      1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                      That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                      Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                      Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Are there any more of such Ming's missing threads that holds such mysterious and important information?

You should ask the mods to release the "Who's the Real Ming?" thread.

Comment

About the Banana, you might want to check out this thread...

It's not the best answer, but the only one I could find at the moment...

This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

I think these questions have been succesfully answered
                            The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

I don't think anyone has mentioned that banana is normally used as a poll option, nor what it stands for in those polls. But then, I didn't follow the link above.
                              I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Working...
                              X