Search function - something to add to the fix-it list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Search function - something to add to the fix-it list

The search function for forums appears not to work well, where it does work.

For example, I can still search for threads with my name in them and find results, but I don't believe there is not one thread in either Civ3-General, Civ3-Archive or Civ-Strategy that has the word "demographics" in it.

I am just posting to affirm that search is VERY useful, and it would be fantastic if it could be fixed, especially if it worked for the Archive forums as well. Less important but still useful is if it could be used by those authorised to search the sub-forums as well. This may not be possible, but please look at fixing search for the main forums!
    Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Usually a Google for "[term] site:apolyton.net" has the same effect and is much faster.
    meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

I assume it could be corrected with a complete re-indexing of all forums, but I'm not sure if Dan or Markos want to do that. At the easiest it's a point n' click operation, which will take several minutes or so (depends on the size of the MySQL database).
      "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

The search index seems to be broken, and as said above, it could likely be fixed by re-indexing. Which would take down the boards for quite a bit of time if it was done.

Comment

Originally posted by mrmitchell
          Usually a Google for "[term] site:apolyton.net" has the same effect and is much faster.
          If you are having difficulties with the forum 'Search' feature at present, than using the alternative method quoted above is an avenue of action to consider.

------------
          Dan; Apolyton CS
          PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
          >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Working...
          X