Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does the server detect when it's slow, and disable avatars automatically? I was reading throught the thread about (ironically ) Zylka's avatar and I noticed a) it much slower than usual and b) the avatars weren't showing.

Yes.
    Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Yes, otherwise Markos would have to stay up 24/7 to monitor the server status.

Comment

I have a question, too. I've tried loading an avatar for myself but it won't let me. I have over five hundred posts so I'm assuming I can do this. Has this changed or I'm I just a blubbering idiot?

Comment

Hmmm... must be a blubbering idiot

But seriously... you should be able to. Maybe the image you want is too large? Who knows. PM me and I will walk you through the process... and if there is a problem, I can see what it is.
          Keep on Civin'
          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Make sure the avatar is no more than 80X80 pixels.

ACK!
            Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

resize your avatar
              Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

The avatar needs to be 80x80 or less, AND it needs to be less than 10,000 bytes. Do you get an error when you try to use a custom avatar, or just not know where to do it?
                I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

I did it through my profile and I didn't get an error. After trying to upload a custom I tried just picking one of the defaults and it never showed up either. I didn't give it a thorough run-through; I'll go back and try again when my boss isn't hovering by my cube.

Comment

Let me know if you have any problems this time.
                    Keep on Civin'

Comment

i don't know how to do it myself..but that is what the fine folks here are for, to help out those i need.....
                      Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

Just checking to see if my avatar uploaded. It looks like the pic I was trying to use had a width of 81 pixels. D'oh!

Sweet!

Comment

Well... it looks like you figured it out
                          Keep on Civin'

Comment

Nice blubbering idiot tie in.

Comment

I'm wearing my nice blubbering idiot tie in the house today

-Jam
                              1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                              That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                              Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                              Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Working...
                              X