moving threads question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• moving threads question

If a thread is moved from OT to another forum, do the posts in it add to the poster's PC?

No... but any new posts after the move will count.

And if an On Topic thread is moved to the OTF, you don't lose any posts, but any new posts in the thread after the move won't count.
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

What happens if a hybrid thread is deleted (one with both on and off-topic posts)?
      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

I'd be willing to bet that both On and Off Topic post are deducted from post count.

ACK!
        Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Never seen that before... I would guess (and that's all it is) that if the thread was currently sitting in an on topic forum when it was deleted, that all posts would be subtracted... not mattering one bit which of the posts were made while it was in the Off Topic Forum.

I would also guess that once a thread was move to the OTF, if it was deleted, there would be no subtraction of posts made before it was moved there.

But again... a hypothetical question, because I've never seen it happen before.
          Keep on Civin'

Comment

Exactly as I was trying to explain it Ming!

ACK!
            Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Hmm, that would probably make sense. I doubt the software would store any extra information about a post (such as what forum it was made in).
              I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

If a thread is moved from the offtopic to the Ontopic and then deleted, there is no effect on any postcounts from people who posted while it was offtopic. Moving a thread to the offtopic won't affect post counts, unless a Post Count Update is done, which recalculates everyone's post counts based on how many ontopic posts they have at that very moment.

Comment

Several posters have had their postcount reduced without having a mod PCRing them (Skywalker mentioned it in a deleted thread, and I've noticed several posters switching from prince to warlord, or from warlord to chieftain, even though they have behaved).

It was before Settler1's crash.

Could it be due to moving threads ?
                  "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                  "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                  "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor
                    Several posters have had their postcount reduced without having a mod PCRing them
                    How much of a reduction did you notice? A few, tens, or hundreds?
                    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by rah
                      How much of a reduction did you notice? A few, tens, or hundreds?
                      Well, I only remember Menlas, and it was like 10-30 posts less. I remeber having noticed it with many posters, but I don't recall whom. Skywalker complained he had his postcount reduced (before his PCR), so maybe he knows precisely what happened to him.
                      "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                      "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                      "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Some people forget that OTF posts don't count...
                        I can't tell you how many people send me PM's asking why their post counts don't go up after posting in the OTF or they seem to be missing posts that they made in the OTF

There have been a few problems with the data base lately... who knows if that has caused any problems.

An ON TOPIC thread (especially about illegal use of software) may have been deleted and they didn't notice that it was.

And some people just lose track of their number of posts
                        (But if somebody is actually keeping that close of track, maybe they need to find a real life )
                        Keep on Civin'

Comment

Originally posted by Ming
                          (But if somebody is actually keeping that close of track, maybe they need to find a real life )
                          Says the man who has almost 20,000 posts
                          Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Having a lot of posts and keeping track of the exact number are two different things

And, I've done it over a long period of time... since I've been a member here long before the merger.

Plus, many of mine are from doing the paperwork in the Ban Log
                            Keep on Civin'

Comment

Originally posted by Ming
                              Plus, many of mine are from doing the paperwork in the Ban Log
                              Yes, each time someone is banned yuo get +1, and if the person is making trouble as banned you get even more. You must sure love banning people
                              Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Working...
                              X