Problems with attachments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with attachments

As I wanted to download an attachment, today. I had to log in although I was logged in. But it comes better: I have disabled the image view so that attached images are shown as links, in order to avoid some clicking I decided to reanable the image view. But once I opened a thread that contained an attached image it showed the line:

User XXX has attached this image:

then nothing no image even not a link. So that was in Mozilla 1.3 and Opera 6.04. Well Netscape 4.78 just shows a missing image image. Well in Netscape 4.78 I have a link that I can follow but again I have to relog in.

Well what is the problem Markos and when is it fixed?

-Martin
    Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

I Forgot to mention that I don't use cookies.

-Martin

Comment

I have had the same problem.
      When it all comes to it, life is nothing more than saltfish - Salka Valka

Comment

use cookies or allow cokies from our site
        Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
        Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
        giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

A good site has non cookie support. So is Apolyton a good site?

However I will disable this cookie junk again, I am tired of these click, do you want accept this and that cookie. So should I do it now forever to allow only the ones from Apolyton and never from other sites. So far I did not find the the option in Mozilla just allow cookies from the following sites. And actual there is no need for that if we only have good sites.

-Martin

Comment

A good site has non cookie support. So is Apolyton a good site?
            no
            Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
            Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
            giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

A forum can't work without cookies. Don't complain.

Comment

Yeah... small price to pay for a great FREE gaming site
                Keep on Civin'
                RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I'm not sure if just setting the brows forum with cookies to no will make it possible. I'm sure that having that setting to yes and not accept cookies will cause trouble.
                  Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Okay, I'll test it in Opera 7.1 with cookies enabled and disable them for vB.

/me tests.

Tried to download a unit ZIP from the Civ III file forum, and I had no problems doing that,

Martin,

just enable the cookies or use a newer browser.
                    "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

I have a similar issue in Safari Beta, but since it's still in beta I don't complain... if it's overly important I just ask somebody to e-mail it to me.

In Safari I get the full php code of the download script in hex. I could probably find the actual URL somewhere with the file if I had the time to decode it all, but it's easier if you have problems just to PM somebody to send you the file via e-mail.
                      I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

Originally posted by skywalker
                        A forum can't work without cookies.
                        You need the cookies to identify yourself as a member.
                        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

If you disable cookie use on the forums, it will add

s=a;lsdkgjaskjfdhgafdkjhe4rGIBBERISH

to all the forums addresses to identify you as you browse around. Problem with this (that they had at Something Awful) is that if you post links with that in it is possible but difficult for someone to take that and acquire your password. There was a rash of people having their accounts stolen last year due to this.

Comment

Originally posted by ixnay
                            Problem with this (that they had at Something Awful) is that if you post links with that in it is possible but difficult for someone to take that and acquire your password. There was a rash of people having their accounts stolen last year due to this.
                            I am not sure about this, but it seems quite unlikely such a thing could happen. If it did, it's a problem with a specific program istead of using the http header to pass information.
                            (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Of course, when you post a link you could always edit out that bit. But then, you would need to know what you are doing.

Easier is just to let 'Poly use cookies. If you set it on a site basis, there is not much security risk.
                              I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Working...
                              X