Report To The Apolyton News!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Report To The Apolyton News!

If you havent noticed, there is now a "report news" or "report this to the apolyton news"(depending on your forum style) link on each forum thread page.

Through it, you can report it to our News Team with a single-click. If we deem it news-worthy a news item will be posted and you'll be credited.

Speaking of our News Team, it now consists of Dan(of course!), Gramphos and Locutus. If you're interested in joining us and help out, send a mail to Dan at dan@apolyton.net.

You can also report news at news@apolyton.net.
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Aha! So that was where all those emails were coming from I wondered about that... How long has that button been there? Obviously not many people had noticed the new button yet, 'cause the only one who used it so far was you, Markos...

Edit: grammar
    Last edited by Locutus; May 23, 2003, 08:39.
    Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Are you sure it was Markos that sent that thread from last year?

I do think he has a better sence of what's new...

And I think Markos did use the send to friend form... At least from start.
      Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Ah, you're right. That old thread was odd and was from 'Unregistered' (funny username ) -- forgot about that. But other than that, I'm pretty sure Markos sent all the other ones....

And indeed, I did notice that the 'opening line' dissappeared after a few mails, but only now that you mention it I realize that he must have used the 'send to friend' option. Never used that feature before myself (I usually just PM/ICQ/mail people if I want to forward a link)...

Comment

I deem this thread to be newsworthy. More people should know about this.
          If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Originally posted by FrustratedPoet
            I deem this thread to be newsworthy. More people should know about this.
            It's already posted in the news.

I don't want to see any more newsreports on this thread...
            Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Originally posted by Gramphos
              I don't want to see any more newsreports on this thread...
              /me waits for Gramphos' inbox to explode.

(And no, I haven't clicked on it again. Is it even possible for me to report it twice?)
              If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

btw, i already banned someone this week for spamming mine and dan's mail

just give me a reason, punk

Comment

:shudder:

Well, it should be a smilie.
                  I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
                    btw, i already banned someone this week for spamming mine and dan's mail
                    Who would be stupid enough to spam email at the co-owner?

Somebody diligent check who's been banned this week.

We really need a current bans and reasons for banning thread.

Comment

Oops, Sorry Markos, Gramps and Locutus, I have used the button without knowing how it works, and I've done it TWICE

I thought it was like the "report to the mod" button, i.e a place where you add a few lines before posting. It is not.

For those who don't know, don't click on the link to test it. It immediately sends a notice to the news-staff about the thread right after you click on it. You don't add text, you don't do nothing.

So, click on the link only if you are talking about an interesting thread, NOT for a test on how it works.
                      "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                      "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                      "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Is it even possible for me to report it twice?
                        Well, apparently I can do it So I guess you can too

Spiffor,
                        N/P. I found out the hard way myself as well

Markos,
                        This is truly a great feature At work I can't log in to 'poly so I can only browse as a guest. This means that, until now, all the time I spent on 'poly while at work was pretty useless as I couldn't do anything but read. Now I can search the forums for newsworthy events and submit the links so that I (or Dan or Gramphos) can post news about it later. Finally my time spent at work is starting to become productive

Comment

glad i can improve your work hours
                          i was going to find a way to cut out anonymous reporting but i'm gonna leave it....

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
                            We really need a current bans and reasons for banning thread.
                            Hey, we already have that.

Oh wait, you can't see it.

Comment

Originally posted by ixnay

Hey, we already have that.

Oh wait, you can't see it.
                              If such a thing exists in the private forums could it easily be made publicly viewable, with no posting except for staff?

Comment

Working...
                              X