Site Publicity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Site Publicity

MarkG- just wondering, an idea to get more people posting here (in the ontopic areas)

perhaps you could do liek Tordenskiold's Historic-Battles.com and have a bot email all registered members with a [pitch to come back and see Civ III/GalCiv/MooIII/RoN?

(Assuming that apolyton needs/wants more traffic ) It might liven up the CivIII general forums again! and maybe get some new democracy gamers!
    -->Visit CGN!
    -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

...or have an on-topic post count for two!

Comment

how about not having extra junk email in my mail box? The civ3 forums are dead for a reason you know.

Comment

Originally posted by Zopperoni
        ...or have an on-topic post count for two!
        SEVEN. MY FINAL OFFER.
        "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
        - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

why did we stop counting the otf posts anyways..was it purely spam?
          Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

It was to attempt to make on-topic posts more meaningful and more of the focus of the forums.

Comment

And speaking of spam, there is no need for Apolyton to resort to that.
              I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Don't worry, I'm sure RoN will lead to a few new members joining.

Comment

The civ3 forums are dead
                  So people have commons sense after all.
                  But the Civ3 forums dead? If only SMAC had so many visitors!
                  Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
                  Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Word of mouth should be sufficient. It increases traffic more slowly and doesn't create ill will with unwanted email. No sense in bringing Settler II down after it was just put into play. I still wake up sweating with nightmares of no 'Poly.

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns
                      And speaking of spam, there is no need for Apolyton to resort to that.
                      I like the irony.
                      One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

"Apolyton" needs a 50% PCR and a 2 month ban, stat!
                        "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
                        You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Assuming that apolyton needs/wants more traffic
                          No?

"Apolyton" needs a 50% PCR and a 2 month ban, stat!
                          Yes.

Comment

The news of the next expansion for Civ3 ('Conquests') has made the Civ3 general forum suddenly more lively. It is normal that the Ci3 general forum is slower now than before, since most of the general concerns have been adressed already, and discussions about those are generally brought up by new players who are increasingly rare as Civ3 gets older.

I don't visit the strategy forum, but I have heard it is as lively as before. Also, I remember the demogames were extremely active a few months ago, and I don't think it has changed very much.
                            "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                            "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                            "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

hi ,

, site pub , well just make a small add to go on the bottom of emails you send out , .... thats bound to get loads of new people , .....

have a nice day
                              - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                              - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                              WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Working...
                              X