This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rasbelin
    Actually the Unix era started at 18.00, on 31st December 1969, to be precise.

* Rasbelin goes back to his lurking corner with Gopher and Archie.
    Holy Crap! Someones watching me!
    "Dave, if medicine tasted good, I'd be pouring cough syrup on my pancakes." -Jimmy James, Newsradio

"Your plans to find love, fortune, and happiness utterly ignore the Second Law Of Thermodynamics."-Horiscope from The Onion

Comment

Originally posted by Apocalypse
      All you really need to know is that us posters with these really early registration dates are very important and are to be highly respected.
      While there might be a physics engine that applies to the jugs, I doubt that an entire engine was written specifically for the funbags. - Cyclotron - debating the pressing issue of boobies in games.

Comment

So, I guess the answer to my question is that users who subscribed to Apolyton before the forum program switch were assigned a date of Jan. 1970?

Because that was a date chosen by who?

To represent the dawn of the internet?

I'm not all that savvy about UNIX and such.

Was it due to the Y2K thing?

On another note, when exactly WAS Apolyton created?
        While there might be a physics engine that applies to the jugs, I doubt that an entire engine was written specifically for the funbags. - Cyclotron - debating the pressing issue of boobies in games.

Comment

Originally posted by obiwan18
          badams:

What is your opinion on animated Civ2 avatars?
          civ2??? damn, I thought it was an image of a galley from civ 3. As for animation...well, I'll let you be the judge of that.
          badams

Comment

The Y2K bug and the beginning of time bug both stem from how the date is stored internally in computers, but are different.

As a side note, my Tandy 1000's date function was killed by the Y2K bug. It won't accept any new dates put in, and I don't think it even counts seconds any more. Thankfully none of the software on that computer needs to use the date.
            I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

I see the spam sharks are feeding

Question asked and answered... all of us old farts that had memberships before the upgrade show as either 1970 or 1969... not true, but we are still the old farts
              Keep on Civin'
              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
              X