Clear All

• Apolyton Wireless News

via emulator

via your wap-enabled phone

if you get any errors, please report them along with your phone
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Wow So you are trying to make 'Poly more modern, Markos? Surely good news for those who have a WAP-telephone, but isn't WAP still pretty expensive? I'm not all into this part of technology I'm afraid.

Hope it gives funds to support 'Poly in the future!
    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
    Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

wap is still expensive (at least here in greece), but it's not like we're puting in the forums (yet ), so normally you wont spent much time on it. checking the latest headlines and reading a couple of news items will take a few seconds.

Comment

Use a better address for the WAP service: wap.apolyton.net. As for the funds, I assume it's a free service, because if I get a service charge in my next mobile phone bill, I know a certain Greek that will be brutally murdered with a Post-It note.
        "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

Which version of WML does it use? That determines pretty much its compatibility.
          "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

there is 0 charge from our side

Comment

how many popups can you get on a phone markos?
              "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
              - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

if you ever get a popup on your phone via us, you should stop consuming that stuff

Comment

"Your request for a service could not be fulfilled. Please try again or contact your operator if the problem persists."

I assume something must be wrong with your WAP service, as I have no problems with WAP with any other domestic or foreign service. I repeat the question: which version of WML is it using?

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
                    if you ever get a popup on your phone via us, you should stop consuming that stuff
                    being as i dont have a phone, i am forced to concur.
                    "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                    - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

WAP?! That still exists? I thought it died years ago. Certainly should have, most useless protocol ever. Has always been doomed to be a transition protocol and never exceeded this.

Had a WAP phone for years but never felt inclined to actually use it (for anything other than testing). Very expensive, wrong payment system, extremely limited bandwidth (thus slow and text-only), unreliable, unsafe, impractical to use (ever tried composing (or even reading) an email with 10 tiny keys on a screen of 4x15? ), no applications worth noting, etc. I've following/been involved in several major WAP projects, they all failed horribly. 3G is the future, if there is one (for mobile Internet).

Oh well, it's nice Apolyton is providing the service. A few years ago I might even have used it
                      Last edited by Locutus; May 10, 2003, 17:22.
                      Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

/me uses GPRS and doesn't thus need UMTS for now.

In the meantime Markos could answer on my question, unless he wants to lose all potential users, just due to version incompatibilities.

Comment

It's thoughtful of Apolyton to provide it, but there's no way I'll use it. The only thing I used WAP for is local weather reports on demand.

I'll be gormed if I want my moby ringing every time there's a new post on a forum. Cost is identical to regular calls here in the UK (FAR more expensive than most comparable countries).
                          Some cry `Allah O Akbar` in the street. And some carry Allah in their heart.
                          "The CIA does nothing, says nothing, allows nothing, unless its own interests are served. They are the biggest assembly of liars and theives this country ever put under one roof and they are an abomination" Deputy COS (Intel) US Army 1981-84

Comment

Originally posted by Rasbelin
                            Use a better address for the WAP service: wap.apolyton.net. As for the funds, I assume it's a free service, because if I get a service charge in my next mobile phone bill, I know a certain Greek that will be brutally murdered with a Post-It note.
                            borrowing my intermediate techniques on killing with innocuous objects?
                            Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Your request for a service could not be fulfilled
                              try again now. tia

wml used is 1.1

Comment

Working...
                              X