Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forums Rearrangments: Ron, Moo3, Galciv, Civ3

the following changes have been made

1) RoN beta forum closed as we are near the release and it hadnt been used much

2) first 4 categories on main forum page re-ordered according to release (ron as the most recent(=future), civ3 as the oldest)

3) multiplayer and fiction moo3 forums moved under moo3-general due to low traffic

4) galciv creation&files forum created

acdg changes coming up
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

It's a bit confusing for me for now, as I am used to browse the OT (pure bottom) and Civ3 general (pure top) alternatively, but I think I'll get used to it quickly
    "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
    "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
    "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

you can always subscribe to your favorite forums and access them from the control panel
      Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
      Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
      giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

OK, I'll do that. Thanks
        "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
        "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
        "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

I don't mind what the order is. I assume it's just good to keep the old policy of organising forums in the order as the titles have been released.
          "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

Re: Forums Rearrangments: Ron, Moo3, Galciv, Civ3

Originally posted by MarkG
            acdg changes coming up

thanks in advance!

Comment

I like the new changes.

Comment

Apart from #4 I considered proposing all of those changes myself (but didn't since I figured you were still busy fixing problems related to the server upgrade).

I don't suppose you could move up the CtP2 forums to above Civ2 as well?
                Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

aah! since it's a civilization site- could you please give civ more coverage- moving Civ II/III or at least III above the MOO forums... I can understand your rationale with RoN and Galciv, but MOO III is a trashy game and it's not civ-
                  -->Visit CGN!
                  -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Nice reordering.
                    John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

I concur with DC, since this is a civilization site, first billing should always go to the civilization genre.
                      "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                      "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

Originally posted by Locutus
                        I don't suppose you could move up the CtP2 forums to above Civ2 as well?
                        No way!
                        No Fighting here, this is the war room!

Comment

To the barricades, Civ II colleagues!

Well, the new order seems to cause differencies among us, but as there has been a similar policy previously too, it seems natural to continue it. Keeping all the good forums abit less visible is just good for filtering away the worst riff raff.
                          "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

I can see why you did that, but I regret seeing this site getting more and more uncivilized.

I think majority of the posters here has civ roots (but I might be wrong there, are there stats?)
                            Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                            Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Originally posted by CyberShy

I think majority of the posters here has civ roots
                              Yeah, I think that would be proven correct. However, I suppose RoN will draw a lot of new members, like MOO3 did.

Which forum is at the top is largely symbolic.......as long as Mark doesn't change the name to Apolyton Civilisation and assorted other strategy games like RoN site it's fine.

Comment

Working...
                              X