X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why was ADG's harmless thread closed?

The discussion was here in Other Games.

-Jam
    1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
    That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
    Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
    Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

[Ming]
    This is no democracy.
    [/Ming]

I agree with the thread being harmless, but I'm afraid you wont succeed.
    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
    Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

It was deleted, not just closed, so I would suggest it was a censurable offence. My guess is that its because it was on the subject of piracy and the admins prefer (understandably) to quash all talk of it rather than face legal trouble.

Either that or someone told an 'old and tired' joke.
      One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

I meant deleted.

And the thread was quite within limits, I thought. There's much worse sitting in the Classic Games forums with links to DL games that ain't even abandonware, let alone freeware.

Any chance of a mod giving an answer? This was quite an interesting discussion thread. Before it dissappeared without a trace.

-Jam
        1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
        That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
        Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!

Comment

Whatever the official response is, Skanky did it.

"Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

Well the Classic Games forum is pretty dead, the mods probably don't check in there unless someone reports something. The other games forum is fairly active and so reviewed more regularly, and hence action more likely to be taken.

Comment

I would have thought Ming would PM ADG, at the very least to make sure he didn't repost the thread.

Comment

Exactly Spikie - its just not cricket to delete someone's thread without saying who did it, why they did it, and why they shouldn't do it again.

-Jam

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
                  I would have thought Ming would PM ADG, at the very least to make sure he didn't repost the thread.
                  Who said it was Ming?

Comment

Pirated software is a very touchy subject and any discussion of it is not tolerated here. END OF DISCUSSION. And reading your complaint thread was even more pathetic. You all knew why, but were just making noise and claiming +1s. Deal with it. And who said it was Ming All the mods have had the administrations position clarified to them. If anyone thinks that a post has been overlooked, guess what, it can happen. REPORT IT and it will be dealt with.

RAH
                    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Big Crunch
                      It was deleted, not just closed, so I would suggest it was a censurable offence. My guess is that its because it was on the subject of piracy and the admins prefer (understandably) to quash all talk of it rather than face legal trouble.
                      Yeah... I did it... and the reason above sums it up nicely.
                      Keep on Civin'
                      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

And before you start ANOTHER thread asking where the "where is the thread about where is the thread"...
                        Don't bother... that was also deleted from the other games forum. That way.. the spammers don't get credit for their posts...

This is the place to ask questions... not in the forum.
                        Or you can contact a mod or admin. If the thread is gone, there is a reason. You may not agree with it, but action was taken. Starting another thread in the same forum saying "gee, where it is it" isn't the way to deal with it.

So... the question was asked, and answered.

Case Closed.
                        Keep on Civin'
                        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                        X