This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leave the "Quotes" screen as it is

John Cage wrote the musical piece "4 minutes and 37 seconds". It is a piano piece in which no music is actually played at all. Instead, the listener is forced to listen to the background noise of whatever venue it is performed in, to consider that "silence" is a misnomer, and to accept that a vital partof music is the setting- the audience is creator of the music just as the performer is.

Now the quotes screen read just "Here is something to think about while you wait" accompanying a white void. The message is clear- "think for yourself".

Instead of being enlightened as to what Dr McCoy said when he caught Kirk about commit another act of cross-species miscegenation with some alien species that wears too much mascara and is unaccountably curious as to what snogging entails, we have become enpowered.

Thank you.
    The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

4 mins 33 seconds - sorry to be pedantic.

-Jam
    1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
    That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
    Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
    Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

I was referring to the dance remix.
      The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Well, Mark tried something simular on a more bigger scope early this week, the reactions were mixed to say the least
        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
        Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by Lazarus and the Gimp
          I was referring to the dance remix.

-Jam
          1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
          That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
          Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
          Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

I hate those quotes now. I hope they never come back.
            If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

The quotes always went away before I could read half of the text, so it's all right for me if it stays empty...
              Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
              I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
              Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

* This post does not contain a comment. This post relays a round of applause to Laz. *
                I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai
                  The quotes always went away before I could read half of the text, so it's all right for me if it stays empty...
                  hi ,

there is a pause button , ....

have a nice day
                  - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                  - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                  WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

I tried clicking the pause button. It doesn't work.

I'd like the quotes to come back.

Comment

I agree with Laz. The blank quote screen is absolutely great !
                      "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                      "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                      "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

I second this one. The quotes aren't that important.
                        "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

I find myself in agreement with Laz. Oh the humanity!

Of course, an added bonus will be the frequent threads here asking why the field is empty. Another +1 spamfest opportunity, just like the stats question.
                          "The number of political murders was a little under one million (800,000 - 900,000)." - chegitz guevara on the history of the USSR.
                          "I think the real figures probably are about a million or less." - David Irving on the number of Holocaust victims.

Comment

A good plan. Though the weekly "Why are there no quotes" threads could become as annoying as the ubiquitous "post stats" thread.

I'd start a quotes thread competition, but its probably quicker just to call WoA the champion.

Comment

you're out of luck
                              Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                              Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                              giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Working...
                              X