No announcement yet.

What happened to the quotes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The one about "Gays are demon-offspring". It's hilarious.

BTW, I do not endorse that statement in any way (I don't want to be flamed)

Comment

Put your memories, suggestions whatever here.

Can we remember all the best ones?

-Jam
      1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
      That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
      Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
      Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

and i'm afraid i've forgot to backup our modified quotes file all the lost treasure of civ and apolyton wisdom will have to be gathered again
        What about the old thread here?

We had a lot of quotes from that one
        -->Visit CGN!
        -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

I don't reamember what that thread was called but Big Crunch had a Quote's Database thread started on 26-02-2003
          -->Visit CGN!
          -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Original Thread

BC's thread
            Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
            "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Thats not too bad then. As we have the original thread as well as a new one, we should be able to get all the original added quotes and many new good ones.
              I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

yipee!

Comment

Thanks for the links Wombat I had Big Crunch's on my comptuer but not the original one... and frankly, the original one's quotations were much better than the BC thread ones'.

thanks!
                  -->Visit CGN!

Comment

WHich thread do we add suggestions to? MarkG's original or WoA's most recent thread?
                    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Mine of course

No, really, since Mark posted in it saying the proper format, he's definitely reading it...

But remember - Red Dwarf quotes enmasse are just as bad as Star Trek ones.

-Jam
                      1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                      That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                      Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                      Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

I would agree except for the fact that Red Dwarf quotes are funny.
                        One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

And they don't pretend to be deeply wise.

Still the best ones should be selected, so not too many are used.

Comment

Nah, the more the merrier. Even the best quotes get boring after seeing them enough times. Variety is the spice of life.
                            I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns
                              Variety is the spice of life.
                              Well a 100 Red Dwarf quotes gives you variety how?

We want lots yeah, but not too many that have the same origin.

Comment

I was happy when it looked like there weren't going to be any quotes.
                                Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

Working...
                                X