Disappearing Threads?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disappearing Threads?

No, this isn't another "Ming deleted my thread" whine.

I notice it a lot in the Civ 3 PBEM forum. I'll go and look for a thread to post that I have passed on a save, and it'll be gone. It's pretty easy to spot the threads too, because I only post in a few in that forum, so you can see the "dot" on the envelope. But the thread just isn't there. When this happens I have to use the Search to find it, and then when I post a new reply it will appear again at the top of the thread list...

Very weird...

Get new glasses.
    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Are you sure it didn't just fall off the page?

Comment

Actually, it may be the re-emergence of the topped thread bug (?)

It used to be (or maybe still is) that threads that would otherwise be at the bottom of the page, were it not for the topping of threads, would become hidden rather than be rolled over to the next page.
        One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Yep, happened to me too a couple of times already.
          I went to the 'My Threads' link to find them.
          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
          Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by skywalker
            Are you sure it didn't just fall off the page?
            You don't think I checked that before posting?

Yes, I'm quite sure. The default is 30 days, and it was a PBEM game and it had only been a couple days since the last post.

Comment

Trip - I meant, are you sure it wasn't on page 2 or something like that. I'm sure you checked, but it's the only explanation I can think of.

Comment

On standard settings, the PBEM forum on has 1.5 pages of threads.
                That doesn't take all that long to search through.
                Perhaps it is one the remnants of the crash, ~~w~ h~ o k~ n~ o~w~ s ~~~
                Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

You make a big fuss out of a few Civ III threads? It's just good we finally get rid of some of that Civ III spacefiller from the database. Hopefully someone could prune abit more as that would improve the performance. I'm sure no one would miss anything.
                  "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

Without civ 3, this site would be dead except for the OT forum.
                    badams

Comment

Badams is right. Civ3 is the ONLY active forum, other than OT (except possibly the civ2 and smac demogames), and what is Poly without Civ?

Comment

You call all the other forums dead? Let me see... yes, well, these Civ II discussions are hardly any discussion compared to your Civ III DG stuff and indeed the whole A/C forum is dead.

Come on, you're basically butt kissing Civ III and underestimating the importance of the rest of the forums.
                        "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

That's because we never go there, Ras. What would we do in a dirty old abandoned place like a Civ2 / SMAC forum ?

Seriously though, I entered the SMAC forum for a short while recently, it was much less active, by very far, than the Civ3 general. I have no idea about the DGs though.
                          "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                          "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                          "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

There's missplaced Civ IV threads in the general Civ III forums and most of the threads are very skin deep ones. As for the "dirty abandoned" Civ II/SMAC forums, that only shows more Civ III butt kissing morality. There's plenty of good threads in the other non Civ III forums, which aren't just the tip of the iceberg of ACS Forums like the Civ III forums. Indeed, why would some Civ III players post elsewhere when they can get their +1s of Civ III DGs.

Comment

I've been to the other forums too. THERE WAS NOTHING NEW (in all possible meanings of the word)! The discussions on those games have been mined for all they're worth.

Comment

Working...
                              X