This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Axis and Allies?

So, I've got a homemade Axis & Allies gameboard I put together a while back; about 6ft by 3.5ft. I've also got about 3 sets worth of A&A pieces to go with it. Makes for quite a nice massive game. Anyone interested, or should I just leave it at home?
    I make movies. Come check 'em out.

Ooh...A&A on a real map...been awhile since i did that one. I'm on for a match.
    Skeptics should forego any thought of convincing the unconvinced that we hold the torch of truth illuminating the darkness. A more modest, realistic, and achievable goal is to encourage the idea that one may be mistaken. Doubt is humbling and constructive; it leads to rational thought in weighing alternatives and fully reexamining options, and it opens unlimited vistas.

Elie A. Shneour Skeptical Inquirer

Comment

This could fit well into the "Gaming Unplugged" tournament @ Big Huge Games' headquarters on the Friday night. Given the dimensions you've quoted of what you have put together, though, I cannot guarantee or otherwise speak to available space.

I will see what I can find out.

--------
      Dan; Apolyton CS
      PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
      >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

I'm a big RISK player (a friend of mine even designed a map of Wisconsin for Risk that we play called "WISK" ) I might be interested but the rules seem like they could be complicated.
        First Master, Banan-Abbot of the Nana-stary, and Arch-Nan of the Order of the Sacred Banana.
        Marathon, the reason my friends and I have been playing the same hotseat game since 2006...

Comment

Well, I'll have it on standby. If we find out at the last minute it'll fit, I can always run home and get it.

Comment

A&A would be a bit big (and long...) for what we were thinking, I believe, but could be interesting. RISK or something like that might be better time-wise.

Keep in mind, we have about 3 hours for the gaming unplugged...

I'm going to see if we can get a room for friday night, the hotel indicated they might have one.
            <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
            I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

From my experience Risk can take as long as A&A. If time is an issue there are always card games (from regular playing cards to Frank's Zoo, Take5, the Great Dalmutti, TaiPan) quick to learn and fast to play. You can do 3-4 different games in 3 hours.
              Skeptics should forego any thought of convincing the unconvinced that we hold the torch of truth illuminating the darkness. A more modest, realistic, and achievable goal is to encourage the idea that one may be mistaken. Doubt is humbling and constructive; it leads to rational thought in weighing alternatives and fully reexamining options, and it opens unlimited vistas.

Elie A. Shneour Skeptical Inquirer

Comment

I ahve the new version of A&A.

Anything weaker then A&A is too wussy to play. I have heard that some might be interested in playing real Civilization (the Avalon Hill Board Game) which I would eagerly play (I haven't played for 4 years, but I have played it over 50 times and it is one of my favorites).

JM
                (Avalon Hill's Civilization will only finish in under 8 hours if you have a group of 5 or so very experienced players)
                Jon Miller-
                I AM.CANADIAN
                GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Is there still a poker tournament slated for that night as well?

Comment

Originally posted by ZargonX
                    Is there still a poker tournament slated for that night as well?
                    We know now that the answer to that question is yes.

---------
                    Dan; Apolyton CS

(Posting "live" from ApolyCon @ BHG)
                    >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

I didn't even play a single card game tonight - played Rise of Legends. Got a nice travel mug, too.
                      Come over to CFC! | My Pre-Apolyton Roots! ;)
                      Civfanatics Moderator of the Civ3, Civ4 Sections and the MP Demogame
                      Born in TUC2S, Raised in Apolyton, Currently living in CFC. :D

Comment

This thread is hereby retired.

--------
                        Dan; Apolyton CS

Comment

Working...
                        X