The Feeding Bay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Feeding Bay

Seeing that we haven't built a recreation commons yet, I would like to suggest the food and beverage storage facilities in our colony pod as the temporary place to exchange spam and comments that don't fit in any other thread.
    Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
    Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

So this is the humble beginnings of all things. I have to admit it is a little crowded. Oh sorry, didn't mean to hit you in the head.

Also I do not see any rec commons being built in the near future either. You know in the future, there will be rec commons that looks like colony pods will be in fashion again, although it would probably last for a month.
    Promoter of Public Morale
    Alpha Centauri Democracy Game

Comment

It's getting *so* hot in here....

Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
      Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

/me moves slowly away from Tassadar.

Since both my offices are built, I think I'll go for a kip somewhere with air-conditioning
        Smile
        For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
        But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

/me wanders in, and wanders out.
          Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

*Octavian is bored...

Hmm...

TASSADAR! I am your... FATHER!
            Join a Democracy Game today!
            | APO: Civ4 - Civ4 Multi-Team - Civ4 Warlords Multi-Team - SMAC | CFC: Civ4 DG2 - Civ4 Multi-Team - Civ3 Multi-Team 2 | Civ3 ISDG - Civ4 ISDG |

Comment

[QUOTE] Originally posted by Octavian X
              *Octavian is bored...

Hmm...

TASSADAR! I am your... FATHER! [/QUOTE

Well then....Whos my mother?

Comment

You really don't want to know... anyhow, I think I'll follow Drogue's for now, although I'll see if I can coerce bully badger persuade some workers to install temporary air-conditioning in here.

EDIT: btw Drogue, how exactly do you pronounce your name? I've neve rbeen able to properly figure that out.
                Last edited by GeneralTacticus; October 13, 2003, 03:11.

Comment

Originally posted by GeneralTacticus
                  You really don't want to know...

Mommy?

Comment

Hercules pops in, has a look around and plants bugging device under counter while comrades shuffle about in the cramped space and examine holophotos of female hiverians to decide who looks like Tass the most. And plants another bug in a place not disclosed. As always a good place for idle gossip.
                    On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

Originally posted by Comrade Tassadar

Mommy?
                      :eek!:

/me pukes.

No, it's not quite that bad.

Comment

Originally posted by GeneralTacticus
                        EDIT: btw Drogue, how exactly do you pronounce your name? I've neve rbeen able to properly figure that out.
                        I am not sure how to spell phonetically. Drogue is one syllable, with a long 'O' as in 'no'. It rhymes with pogue, as in the pogues (a band if you've heard of them).

It is a long sound. Take 'frog'. Then change the f to make 'drog', pronounced the same. Now lengthen the o, and lengthen/soften the g. That basically gets to Drogue.
                        Last edited by Drogue; October 13, 2003, 13:41.
                        Smile
                        For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
                        But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

* Corellion continues working busily away, oblivious to the presence of "the Colony Pod".
                          Comrade Corellion, Secretary of Science and Social Engineering for the Human Hive in the Alpha Centauri Police State Game (ACPSG).
                          Function Corelli Omega-9, Internal Affairs Function (Terms 110, 101, 100, 011, and 010) and Advisor on Foreign Affairs (Term 001) for the Cybernetic Consciousness in the Alpha Centauri Democracy Team Game (ACDTG).
                          The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or one.

Comment

*Vander enters, muttering:*

Enlightenment in the company of others betters one's self. Enlightenment in the company of one's self betters not one's self nor the company

*Vander then sits in the corner.*

*After shuffling in his heavy (xeno?)wool robe, Vander gets up*

Enlightenment or none, a sweating philosopher is no philosopher at all.

*Promptly leaves, heading for cooler decks.*
                            She cheats her lover of his due
                            but still contrives to keep him tied
                            by first deciding to refuse
                            and then refusing to decide

Comment

Tassadar, your mother stayed on Earth. She loved the planet, and had even been elected President of the evil, capitalistic United States. I left her after that...

Her name? Hillary Clinton.
                              Join a Democracy Game today!
                              | APO: Civ4 - Civ4 Multi-Team - Civ4 Warlords Multi-Team - SMAC | CFC: Civ4 DG2 - Civ4 Multi-Team - Civ3 Multi-Team 2 | Civ3 ISDG - Civ4 ISDG |

Comment

Working...
                              X