Orders and Discussion thread: 2106-2113

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Minute Mirage
    If you take Centauri Ecology, you'll have to take another tech as well before reaching IA. That is, the beeline will be delayed by one additional tech. If I'm correct, at least.
    I don't really mind. IMHO, Ind Auto is useless without Cent Eco. What use are crawlers, that take that many mins, before you have forests, or any decent workers? What use is a Hab Complex when you can't grow?
    Smile
    For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
    But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

Originally posted by Drogue

I don't really mind. IMHO, Ind Auto is useless without Cent Eco. What use are crawlers, that take that many mins, before you have forests, or any decent workers? What use is a Hab Complex when you can't grow?
      That was not meant as a critisism to your plan, I merely wanted to point out that the beeline you suggested is not likely to be quite as straight-forward. Indeed, I usually select Centauri Ecology as my very first technology.

Comment

Here's three possible options.

Option 1:
        * Industrial Base
        * Industrial Economics
        * Information Networks
        * Planetary Networks
        * Industrial Automation
        * Ecology

You research 3 techs that have negliable value for the hive in the early early game. 4th tech is planetary networks giving Planned, 5th tech is Industrial automation giving wealth (crawlers negliable as no terraforming in place), ecology gives formers.

Option 2
        * Information Networks
        * Ecology
        * Planetary Networks
        * Industrial Base
        * Industrial Economics
        (May need an extra tech researched here if unable to trade)
        * Industrial Automation

2nd tech gives you formers and there is time before IA to get some forests in place. 3rd tech gives Planned.

Optimally try to trade for one of the beeline techs. If you manage to trade you don't need to divert from option 2 tech path, as the game will set the traded tech flag and that changes the tech availability formula. This enables IA without an additional tech needed. Otherwise just trade for any single tech. If you trade for two techs outside option 2 tech path, then IA will be disabled.

If you are unable to trade a tech, then you'll have to research an extra tech. What you research will depend on circumstances. The AI tends to horde techs with SP attached, so biogenetics might be a good choice to allow recycling tanks and HGP. The other techs will be easier to trade for, however that's assuming you managed to secure some kind of treaty with an AI.

Option 3
        * Industrial Base
        * Ecology
        * Industrial Economics
        * Information Networks
        * Planetary Networks
        (May need an extra tech researched here if unable to trade)
        * Industrial Automation

Not a very good choice, compared to option 2 as you would perfer to be able to run Planned earlier rather than Free market.

Comment

If you want to organize polls, certainly go ahead Drogue!
          Btw, since you're First Secretary of the capital Republic, I guess you're in charge of the formers, not Makahlua.

GeneralTacticus, if there's gonna be a turnchat anyway, where would you hold it?
          Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
          Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Originally posted by Kody

Optimally try to trade for one of the beeline techs. If you manage to trade you don't need to divert from option 2 tech path, as the game will set the traded tech flag and that changes the tech availability formula. This enables IA without an additional tech needed. Otherwise just trade for any single tech. If you trade for two techs outside option 2 tech path, then IA will be disabled.
            I thought the traded flag is already in place, considering the first tech choices (Doc: Mob, Inf Net, Ind Base, Soc Psych) and that the Hive is in slot 5. I'm assuming here that Darsnan has used CTRL+F2 to give Doctrine: Loyalty to the Hive, which means that trading for techs won't do anything more to the flag.

Comment

I assumed Darsnan had placed us in slot 1. My mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac
                If you want to organize polls, certainly go ahead Drogue!
                Btw, since you're First Secretary of the capital Republic, I guess you're in charge of the formers, not Makahlua.

GeneralTacticus, if there's gonna be a turnchat anyway, where would you hold it?
                Well, given the time, I wouldn't expect there to be a chat this week, but I'd set up a new #acpsg channel and hold it there.

Comment

I'm on Apolyton chat often enough to volunteer to set a #acpsg for use...
                  Join a Democracy Game today!
                  | APO: Civ4 - Civ4 Multi-Team - Civ4 Warlords Multi-Team - SMAC | CFC: Civ4 DG2 - Civ4 Multi-Team - Civ3 Multi-Team 2 | Civ3 ISDG - Civ4 ISDG |

Comment

Okay, following a request from Maniac, I hereby announce that the first ACPSG turnchat will take place in the #ACPSG chanel on the apolytron server, at 2200 GMT Sunday the 2/10/2003. If anyone fails to turn up, or has not left enough orders, I shall use my discretion.

Comment

My orders (Factional Defense):

Sea Exploration:
                      A goes pod popping, follows the blue line (doesn't have to be exact )
                      B goes to explore the coast, follows the red line.

Land Exploration:
                      1 follows red.
                      2 also follows red.
                      3 follows blue.
                      <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
                      Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

Comment

Working...
                      X