Orders and Discussion thread: 2106-2113

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orders and Discussion thread: 2106-2113

Please post all orders for the first turnchat here, along with any comments regarding the length and timing of the chat. (Personally, I'd prefer just to keep them as they are, but if anyone has some objection, they're free to make it)

I'd go for the same as last time, that is 7 turns, played for 22:00 GMT Saturday (IIRC). But I'm up for most ways.
    Smile
    For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
    But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

i think we can play a few more than 7 turn in an hour...

Comment

But will we have orders for it? I think 7 turns is a lot to have to prepare for, and going any further may run out of orders.
        Smile

Comment

we managed to do up to 25 turns at a time back in the olden days. Why, you young whipper-snappers...

Comment

We hardly managed 7 when I was involved, from end of Oxtober (term III IIRC) onwards.
            Smile

Comment

I'd say 7 is enough; the early game is very important, and we need time to discuss early on.

Comment

Quick question... we will finish researching whatever we begin on (IndBase it looks like) before the end of the turnchat. Is there any way I can look ahead to see what our options will be without cheating?
                Comrade Corellion, Secretary of Science and Social Engineering for the Human Hive in the Alpha Centauri Police State Game (ACPSG).
                Function Corelli Omega-9, Internal Affairs Function (Terms 110, 101, 100, 011, and 010) and Advisor on Foreign Affairs (Term 001) for the Cybernetic Consciousness in the Alpha Centauri Democracy Team Game (ACDTG).
                The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or one.

Comment

Not really IIRC. The best way, IMHO, tyo see, is to choose the next 3 techs, but only use 2. Choose the top option for our next one (that we should know) then have two options in case one isn't possible.
                  Smile

Comment

Originally posted by Corellion
                    Quick question... we will finish researching whatever we begin on (IndBase it looks like) before the end of the turnchat. Is there any way I can look ahead to see what our options will be without cheating?
                    Given the current choices (Doctrine: Mobility, Information Networks, Industrial Base and Social Psych), I think it's very probable that these are the next choices:

Doctrine: Mobility
                    Centauri Ecology
                    Progenitor Psych
                    Biogenetics
                    Social Psych
                    Industrial Economics
                    Applied Physics.

This is based upon the information gathered in the About beelining to Industrial Automation... thread in the General forum. I'd be very surprised if the technology choices were different.

Comment

Given that most of the posters supporting Industrial Base have also supported the Industrial Automation beeline, it's likely that they would support Industrial Economics from the above list. That's not to say you shouldn't poll it, but I wouldn't think you unjustified in deciding not to.

In the first ACDG, what we did most of the time was to allow two votes for technologies, selecting the top two choices as first and second choice, respectively. We also sometimes had separate votes for first-choice tech and backup tech, IIRC.
                      Adam T. Gieseler

Comment

I disagree strongly. I think we should go Ind Base, Cent Eco, then Ind Econ. We need formers I'd love Ind Auto ASAP, but formers are needed beforre crawlers, else there won't even be forests to crawl.

Ind Base, Cent Eco, Ind Econ, Inf Nets, Plan Nets, Ind Auto - IMHO.
                        Smile

Comment

Originally posted by Drogue
                          I disagree strongly. I think we should go Ind Base, Cent Eco, then Ind Econ. We need formers I'd love Ind Auto ASAP, but formers are needed beforre crawlers, else there won't even be forests to crawl.

Ind Base, Cent Eco, Ind Econ, Inf Nets, Plan Nets, Ind Auto - IMHO.
                          If you take Centauri Ecology, you'll have to take another tech as well before reaching IA. That is, the beeline will be delayed by one additional tech. If I'm correct, at least.

Comment

We don't have a deputy for Lemmy, we don't have CP, former and scout patrol orders, we don't know what to put in our build queues. May I assume there will be no turnchat tomorrow?
                            Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
                            Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Build queues are hard to do when we don't know about base founding (I thought Makahalua would do a poll on base locations ) but I can easily get one done for tomorrow evening. If needs be I will deputise for Lemmy for the moment, since I am his Guild leader and Secretary for Foreign Affairs, both the closed to Military and the one with least to do. I can easily do a CP poll now too if you wish. That takes care of CP and Scout orders, build queues and Lemmy's deputy. All we need is Makahalua to give us Former orders, or even just CP orders and sod the poll (as I'd go for personally), and we're fine.

However since I'm not sure if I can turn up to turnchat tomorrow, since either my girlfriend will be over (no parents for a weekend) or she'll still be ill and so may need me. I may be there, as is seeming more likely (she's to ill to come over but doesn't want me to see her like that), but I cannot guarantee it.
                              Smile

Comment

Working...
                              X