Propaganda Department

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Propaganda Department

Though I have pretty good formal essay skills (eg writing a constitution or a few philosophical principles) my talents for writing entertaining literature, exciting stories or interesting articles are somewhat limited to say the least when I compare to what others have written already...
    Therefore I am wondering of anyone would be willing to become Director/Chairman/Secretary... (pick your preference) of the Propaganda Department. While I as General Secretary would focus most on all the organizational and administrative tasks necessary to make the game run smoothly, the task description of the Propaganda Department head would be to keep the roleplaying alive and well, be the Pravda newspaper editor (if we get a paper at least) and to try to attract new members to the ACPSG by writing some nice introduction that can be posted on certain strategic fora.
    Is anyone interested in this job? As a sign of my appreciation for the crucial civic function a Propaganda Department head fulfills, I would also give this person a permanent (well actually: as long as I am GS... ) spot in the Politburo.
    Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
    Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
    Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Is there really any need for an 'official' propaganda ministry? Why not just let each faction publish their own newspaper, and just accord 'official' status to the one owned by whichever faction was in power at the time. That way anyone can write their own if they like, and the question of the official paper being biased becomes irrelevant.

Comment

That is a valid option as well, but wouldn't that lead to many small newspapers with perhaps only one or two articles per issue?
        As for the problem of bias, I could give the same response as IIRC you gave when you were accused of bias in the first ACDG: everyone can send their articles - biased or not - to the news editor, who includes them in the newspaper. It's not like the news editor would be the only one allowed to write articles. He or she would just be the person who keeps things organized, puts all the different articles in a consistent issue, and tries to encourage members to write articles or participate in the roleplaying.

Comment

I'd be tempted to propose something like PRAVDA: Submissions are sent to an editior, who publishes them went enough articles are accumulated, as well as his own thoughts on current issues.

After all, we ALL are top Party officials, and therefore are allowed to write about how we feel.
          Join a Democracy Game today!
          | APO: Civ4 - Civ4 Multi-Team - Civ4 Warlords Multi-Team - SMAC | CFC: Civ4 DG2 - Civ4 Multi-Team - Civ3 Multi-Team 2 | Civ3 ISDG - Civ4 ISDG |

Comment

That was the plan all along.

Tassadar, perhaps the exact task description will be changed later, but unless new candidates pop in or there starts a flood of reactions, I think you can consider yourself Chairman/Director/Secretary of the Propaganda Department.

Comment

Working...
            X