ACPSG/ACDG3 poll: alphax.txt modifications

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ACPSG/ACDG3 poll: alphax.txt modifications

Since there isn't much discussion anymore in the alphax.txt modifications discussion thread, I decided to start a poll on the matter, based on the comments in that thread (which I more or less summarized here). Please answer to each modification proposal with YES! or NO! (or skip the question). The voting limit is set on five days.

1. The penalty for the SE Values choice of "Power" should be reduced to -1 Industry.

Advantages: That SE choice might actually be chosen for a change...

2. Air power should be retarded (eg smaller movement).

Advantages: chop-and-drop tactic less powerful.
    Disadvantages: AI has even more trouble dealing with air units, and the chop-and-drop tactic is already less powerful in an aquatic game since units cann't drop in sea bases.

3. Artillery bombardment should be made more lethal over its original configuration!

Advantages: Artillery might actually be built for a change...

4. You should be able to build Sea Sensors.

5. You should be able to build sea boreholes. Their prerequisite should be Nanometallurgy.

Disadvantages: They might be too powerful. And sea boreholes look really really weird.

6. The AI's should build Cruiser Probeships with the advent of Doc: Init!

Advantages: The AI will steal our tech and thus be more powerful.
    Disadvantages: The AI will steal our tech and thus be more powerful.

7. The “Deep Pressure Hull” ability should be made available with Doc: Init.

8. The “Carrier Deck” ability should be made available with Doc: AP!

The poll is expired.

Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
    Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

My vote's in:

No, Yes, No, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes

G.

Comment

Please don't forget to vote here in the midst of all these elections.

Comment

Re: ACPSG/ACDG3 poll: alphax.txt modifications

Originally posted by Maniac
        1. The penalty for the SE Values choice of "Power" should be reduced to -1 Industry.
        No

2. Air power should be retarded (eg smaller movement).
        No

3. Artillery bombardment should be made more lethal over its original configuration!
        Yes

4. You should be able to build Sea Sensors.
        Yes

5. You should be able to build sea boreholes. Their prerequisite should be Nanometallurgy.
        No

6. The AI's should build Cruiser Probeships with the advent of Doc: Init!
        Yes

7. The “Deep Pressure Hull” ability should be made available with Doc: Init.
        Yes

8. The “Carrier Deck” ability should be made available with Doc: AP!
        Yes
        Smile
        For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
        But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

My votes

Reducing Power's INDUSTRY cost: No. The AI frequently chooses this anyway, and reduvcing the cost would unfairly benefit the high-INDUSTRY Hive over the other factions.

Reducing range of air power: Yes. Ideally I'd say reduce the range of choppers only (does it make sense that they would have the same range as needlejets?), but since that's not an option...

Lethal artillery: Yes. Make it useful for something other than fending off ships and destroying terraforming.

Sea sensors: Yes. No reason why sensor buoys shuoldn't be available.

Sea boreholes: No. The logistics of such a feat would be prohibitive, and I don't even want to think about the unbalanced-ness of combining boreholes with Thermocline Transducers and whatever the sea improvement is that boosts minerals.

Cruiser probes: Yes. The advantage is that the AI might steal our tech and become more powerful.

Deep Pressure Hull with Doctrine: Initiative: Yes. Make subs a real part of the game.

Carrier Deck with Doctrine: Air Power: Yes. Ditto for carriers.
          Adam T. Gieseler

Comment

You know, we could always just self-impose a limit of no choppers (or a maximum number of attacks per chopper per turn).
            Comrade Corellion, Secretary of Science and Social Engineering for the Human Hive in the Alpha Centauri Police State Game (ACPSG).
            Function Corelli Omega-9, Internal Affairs Function (Terms 110, 101, 100, 011, and 010) and Advisor on Foreign Affairs (Term 001) for the Cybernetic Consciousness in the Alpha Centauri Democracy Team Game (ACDTG).
            The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or one.

Comment

I'd prefer to play the game as set up, but have the game modified by a CMN. It seems more realistic, not to have to worry that we might be going to well in game.
              Smile
              For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
              But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

On page 2, so a little bump... (we really need a new forum soon )

Temporary results:
                1. The penalty for the SE Values choice of "Power" should be reduced to -1 Industry: NO!
                2. Air power should be retarded (eg smaller movement): YES!
                3. Artillery bombardment should be made more lethal over its original configuration: YES!
                4. You should be able to build Sea Sensors: YES!
                5. You should be able to build sea boreholes. Their prerequisite should be Nanometallurgy: YES!
                6. The AI's should build Cruiser Probeships with the advent of Doc: Init: YES!
                7. The “Deep Pressure Hull” ability should be made available with Doc: Init: YES!
                8. The “Carrier Deck” ability should be made available with Doc: AP: YES!

Comment

I voted like the temporary results just above, except for boreholes at sea.
                  On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

Working...
                  X