No announcement yet.

Race for the Prize turn tracking thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recovered from that shock, yes, recovered from paper-writing no... I'm finally done, however (turned it in! ) so I'll get to it this weekend at the latest and tonight as the earliest.
    I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

• Originally posted by FlameFlash
      recovered from paper-writing no...
      I feel your pain.
      Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
      Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

• Thanks Flame - good to know that you have the turn and know it. Telling about any possible delays is all good.

And I was the first Consciousness player! Drogue took over from ME. I will find the link if no-one believes me.
        Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

• Paper finished... turn played... zipping and send out in about five minutes.

Comment

• 2123 to MWIA.

There may be a reload message, I had a crash.

Hobbes
            If you want to kiss the sky/Better learn how to kneel/On your knees boy - U2, Mysterious Ways

http://zanature.wordpress.com

Comment

• Yep. 2124 to GT.
              Consul.

Comment

• Turn to mart.

Comment

• Turn for Maniac.

Ahhh, it's good to me back.
                  Attached Files
                  Veni Vidi Castravi Illegitimos

Comment

• Welcome back Archaic!
                    Consul.

Comment

• Darn. I opened this thread yesterday and saw the turn, but forgot about it thereafter.

Btw, has mart7x5 been notified Archaic has played this turn? AFAIK it wasn't really clear if him replacing Archaic was temporary or permanent, so who knows he feels pissed off now.

Anyway, now I've opened the turn.
                      There's a serious matter I'd like to mention. Hobbes has contacted me this year, claiming he has obtained my comm frequency from Drogue (in fact it's MrWhereItsAt of course - why don't you change your name in-game?). However I have not yet met MWIA. In the commlink menu I do have his commlink and have a truce with him, already from the beginning of the game in fact. So while setting up this game, Darsnan probably made a mistake and gave MWIA all the faction's comm frequencies. I assumed MWIA would not make use of this error and not conduct dipomacy before in-game contact, but apparently he has (I guess he didn't realize this was an error) judging from this turn. This of course totally screws up the game, especially if MWIA has already conducted several trades with other factions...

Another problem of this game is that Darsnan probably forgot to "force current difficulty level". As a consequence the player first in row will play on Transcend level, but all others have Librarian benefits when it comes to SE switching costs and number of drones. (Check this by trying to change your SE settings - the costs won't be 40. Also most of you won't have any drones in size 2-or-higher bases.) This is good for the rest of us, but pretty bad for the one among us who's playing on Transcend (GT?).

(A third minor item is that Darsnan forgot to set rovers to prototyped for me. IIRC normally one never has to prototype that.)

Because of all these problems, I'm wondering if we shouldn't either:
                      a) Simply stop the game. (It's moving terribly slow anyway.)
                      b) Do some sort of restart with the current game position, but edited so all previously conducted illegal trades are undone. One problem would be though that if I now suddenly switch to Transcend difficulty level, a couple size 3 bases of me would suddenly start rioting.

Comment

• Some kind of general restart would be nice (with current circumstances). I noticed I had a comlink freq of Drogue, actually... only looked once and then didn't bother looking again, but I think this is the game.

The problem would be in editing, for instance, your faction, Maniac, since obviously if you were playing at Transcend you would have made changes in your strategy to account for the problem (building rec commons, perhaps.)

It might just be wiser to restart the game from scratch... how many players do we have total? We might be able to just work mart into another slot (or hold him as an alternate for somebody who doesn't feel like restarting.)

Might I suggest in the alphax.txt just setting the communication to '0' to block even accidental contact until real contact is made.

Comment

• Originally posted by FlameFlash
                          It might just be wiser to restart the game from scratch...
                          I'd prefer that too, but I didn't dare suggest it as we took so long to only play some 20 turns, so some people might . However if everyone would be fine with it:

Comment

• Heh...

/me shrugs.

I'd be fine with that... I remember just asking to be a perma-sub anyway, and entering with no clue as to any of the extras (if any) on the game simply because I was too lazy to run back and check over the game creation stuff...

What say everybody else? And this time, if you know you won't be able to play a turn often, decide not to sign up!

Comment

• I can't tell if I am playing at Transcend or lower. I haven't the tech yet to change SE. Any other way of telling.

I have MWIA link also but haven't used it because I haven't met MWIA in game.

A restart is fine with me but the pace needs to be a hell of a lot faster than this pace.
                              On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

• I don't know what difficulty I'm playing on, either, but if it is higher than everyone else's, that would certainly explain why I seem to be lagging behind... and given the other problems that appear to be around, I would have no problem with a restart.

Comment

Working...
                                X