New alpha game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New alpha game

Would like to start a tcp/ip game then go pbem or just save and resume at certain times icq#46344977

sounds intriguing

When do you plan on doing it and what can you tell us about the game itself? What rules, etc?
    Arcainite

Comment

I'm interested, only in the 1 pbem at the moment.
      Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.

Comment

settings

large or huge map trancendance level
        50-70 water/average to abundance lifeforms/weak rolling terrain/sparse to medium rainfalls

when well i would like to try a seven player pbem game.
        never done it before. so if we can get seven people that would be great!!!

Comment

well I guess I will be one of the 7

I'll try being the Manifold Caretakers. That would be fun I think. Or if we're playing humans only I'll try the Believers. Arcainite@aol.com is where I can be reached.
          Arcainite

Comment

dont like the setts much, normally play smallest water and all others average, pbem with 7 ppl and on a map that big wouldnt be a good idea unless you still wanna be playing in 2005
            Last edited by Lazerus; March 12, 2003, 12:52.
            Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.

Comment

On ANY map I would not advise a 7 player game . Even if everyone is a known reliable player you will find that the game will be SLOW SLOW SLOW .. Someone once posted that they figured that each additional player doubled the time it took for one year of a typical MP game to be completed. I have seen this to be true.

I have attempted 5 different seven player games and NONE of them have been completed and ALL of them are now dead. Contrast this with four player games . . . I have completed a dozen or so and have only had one die on me. I think my experience is pretty typical
              You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

I agree with Flubber.

I think all the RolePlaying 7-player games have died, as has Chiron Winter (which started in 1999). OKF-III (started shortly thereafter) is winding down, but at a rate of a turn every two weeks or so.

I'd advise no more than five players, but 4 is prolly better as it gives (usually) a 2 on 2 team type game with no hard feelings from an "odd man out"

G.

Comment

I guess rothe gave up trying to start 1, Arc come join in doomreavers game then we'll have 4.

Comment

Working...
                  X