Where is everybody ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is everybody ??

I realize its summer and in fact my own playtime has slowed or has gaps when I am away but I always make a point of letting people know whats up. I am in 12 PBEM games and my latest check indicate that I have seen 3 of them in the last 5 days. Of the others I have seen explanations or know whats going on in perhaps 2 of them.

I always thought it was a common to let people know if you were away more than a couple of days. I know that computer crashes or the unexpected can happen but see that this board is glacially slow in a bunch of games.

Are other people experiencing this ? Have people given up the practice of informing their gamemates of away time? Have we lost a bunch of people to a newly patched CIV3 ?? Whats up ??
    You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

I feel your pain, Flubber.

10 of my 14 games are stalled, half of those without announcement or warning.

Comment

everyone's either on vacation or thier puter broke, or they just lazy

Comment

how bout we start a club. lol.

Comment

I am in only one PBEM game and it actually have quite a pace.
          My life, my rules

Comment

Originally posted by SmartFart
            I am in only one PBEM game and it actually have quite a pace.
            yep -- that is one of my new games-- but we just started so everyone is still eager
            You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

For Me... 12 games, 10 stalled, 4 without warning...
              This is what it means to be a Spartan. It's not the killing or the suffering that matters. It's the purity of focus, without fear of death or pain.

Comment

I'm in 23 games right now, and a majority of them seem to have gone on vacation for the summer!

Comment

the thing that hurts most, is that most of the players are in a lot of games also, thus, it only takes one to stall a ton of games, and it's not just one.

Comment

Originally posted by smhfan86
                    the thing that hurts most, is that most of the players are in a lot of games also, thus, it only takes one to stall a ton of games, and it's not just one.
                    Thats the case for me as well in that most of my opponents are in more than one game with me-- Again, I don't mind a delay, I just like people to give a little notice so you don't waste trying to contact them or figure out if an email went astray

Comment

true. of course, there are the times when one person comes back, and another person goes on vacation just as the other gets back in. lol.

Comment

Let's see...

Looks like we could make a good game out of the people who are complaining on this board (myself included).

Whaddya say?
                        Another Roadside Attraction

Comment

Good idea about all the frustrated stuck-at-home summer players tarting a game. I posted an idea for a 3-player no-CMN game where veryone gets to play 2 factions each. I was surprised that I only got two people willing to play. Here's the thread:

Anyone interested post here or there. Or least take the poll!
                          Creator of the Ultimate Builder Map, based on the Huge Map of Planet, available at The Chironian Guild:
                          http://guild.ask-klan.net.pl/eng/index.html

Comment

Working...
                          X