Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello all, I'm a new multiplayer AC player who wants to play a multiplayer game with the good people of Apolyton. No special rules that I can think of at the moment. Just good clean fun. Oh, and it will be Alien Crossfire unless I can't get enough people for that in which case it will be original SMAC. Any factions allowed if they are fair, though they must be from either the original or expansion. We can try playing with our own creations later perhaps, I did make one of my own.
    I'll try playing the Data Angels this time, even though the pirates are my favorite.
    Arcainite@aol.com

I am interested to play if Transcend and no more than 4 players.
    We need someone neutral to set up a game for us.
    Morgan is my pick.

SmartFart@pulp-fiction.com
    My life, my rules

Comment

Count me in.
      I´ll take Cyborgs and if we change to SMAC i´ll take the Hive.

syrad_alien@hotmail.com
      Raveland:
      A land where the trees looks like big soundsystems, the flowers seemed to become ravers and the air smells like happiness!!!

Comment

one more, we know you're out there...

Ok, so we have Morganites, Data Angels, and Cybernetic Consciousness. Let's get one more human and fill the rest with AI?
        Arcainite

Comment

im in. ill take pirates. pk if its a smac game... jensjendricke@hotmail.com

Comment

Let's get one more human and fill the rest with AI?
            Sure, Im ok with that. We also need a CMN or someone to hold our passwords in case anybody drops out.
            Btw, what rules are we going to use?
            Raveland:
            A land where the trees looks like big soundsystems, the flowers seemed to become ravers and the air smells like happiness!!!

Comment

we're ready..but what's a CMN?

Ok, the game will look something like this:
              Arcainite (Arcainite@aol.com) = Data Angels
              SmartFart (SmartFart@pulp-fiction.com) = Morganites
              Phobos (syrad_alien@hotmail.com)=Cyb.Consciousness
              Lonestar_jpm (jensjendricke@hotmail.com)=Naut.Pirates
              AI #1 (Larry) = Free Drones
              AI #2 (Moe) = U.N. Peacekeeping Force
              AI #3 (Curly) = Gaia's Stepdaughters

Any objections? I may need some tips on getting the ball rolling, because as I said, I am new at this.
              Arcainite

Comment

Looks fine to me
                Raveland:

Comment

I suggest common rules,open any thread and you'll find all of them.
                  Anyone care to set up a game for us?
                  My life, my rules

Comment

Arcainite_Agenda.SAV

I've set up the game, haven't even looked at the map or taken my turn yet, just set my password then save/exited. Everyone ok with the following terms?

Huge random planet, 50-70% water, 1 moon (weak erosion), average native lifeforms, average cloud cover, Talent Difficulty.

Higher Goal; Total War; Peace In Our Time; Mine, All Mine; Do Or Die; Blind Research; No Unity Survey.

Shall I start it or not? I have myself as first on the list.
                    Arcainite

Comment

Sorry...am kinda hooked on transcend level. I guess I'll give this one a miss.
                      Have fun.
                      My life, my rules

Comment

sorry to see SmartFart go

I guess he missed the part about me being a newbie to this. Anyone else want to play, I mean it's not like I can't delete that and change the difficulty, jeesh, I just don't think I want to play on Transcend difficulty. I am not that good at the game I just want to play for fun.
                        Arcainite

Comment

Playing single-player at talent level is great for building a hassle-free empire (the AI can't start an SP until you have researched that tech, there are no drone problems to speak of until really late in the game, SE changes are cheap, you get science and production bonuses versus the AI, etc etc.

In Multiplay, where all players are playing at the same level, you really want to play transcend. That's when the Uni and Morgan's drone management needs attending (which is one of their faction's disadvantages), SE changes are expensive, if there's an AI in the game, it plays at Librarian level, so it gets reserach and production advantages over human players, etc etc.

It won't necessarily make the game harder (as it would in single player mode for example), but will probably provide a much more satisfying game experience for all.

Comment

I would appreciate it if...

I'd appreciate it if you guys didn't use terms I don't know about yet, like SE or CMN. Unless CMN is supposed to be common rules? Which I still don't know where to find those if that's what it means. If it means you'll stop whining about it we will play Transcend difficulty even though I'm new, jeesh. Can we have some fun now?
                            Arcainite

Comment

SE = Social Engineering - those choices you make whether to run fundy or democracy, Free Market or Green, etc etc

CMN is a term (Creator, Moderator, Narrator) used to denote the person who sets up a multiplayer game, either thru a scenario start or a regular start, assigns and holds passwords, etc etc

G.

Comment

Working...
                              X