Three Players/Six Factions Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Three Players/Six Factions Game

It looks like even the big tourneys are slowing down, so I am proposing a quick, easy-to-set-up game with no CMN.

To accelerate the game without a CMN, each player gets two factions which can communicate and trade tech etc right from the start. The factions are in play order, so you will take the turns of two factions and then e-mail to the next player. The 7th faction will be controlled by the AI (and will probably have a negligable impact on the game).

Map: Ultimate Builder's Map, because of widely dispersed and well-balanced start sites. Unity survey option on, because map is publicly known.

Options: All victories, cooperative on, restart on, no spoils.

Rules: Apolyton Tournament rules EXCEPT stockpile energy is allowed (to accelerate game). No communication until contact is made.

Factions:
    There is more than one way to do this, but here's my plan:

Peacekeeper-Gaian: This will be me, the game starter. I will start, select a Gaian password, and send the move on to the next player, who will then choose thier own password:

Hive-University: slot open

Morgan-Spartan: slot open (sends turn back to game starter)

Believers: AI faction

Possibility of more than one game, depending on interest.
    Peacekeeper-Gaian
    0.00%
    Hive-University
    69.23%
    Morgan-Spartan
    0.00%
    Gaian-Hive
    0.00%
    University-Morgan
    23.08%
    Spartan-Believer
    7.69%
    Believer-Peacekeeper
    0.00%
    Spartan-Peacekeeper (with Believers as AI)
    0.00%
    Creator of the Ultimate Builder Map, based on the Huge Map of Planet, available at The Chironian Guild:
    http://guild.ask-klan.net.pl/eng/index.html

I'm interested. I'm not bothered with either Morgan-Sparta or Uni-Hive, so I'll leave that to the third player.

mj_blakemore@uk2.net .
    Play hangman.

Comment

I'll take Uni-Hive; however, I will be away for 9 days: June 28- July 7.

jcrocombe@aardvark.net.au
      If you want to kiss the sky/Better learn how to kneel/On your knees boy - U2, Mysterious Ways

http://zanature.wordpress.com

Comment

Uni-Morgan, beats Uni-Hive every time. (IMHO)
        Team 'Poly

Comment

Uni-Morgan would be very strong, especially because of its opposition, which would be relatively weak because the two strongest research factions would be together. Gaian-Hive is very weak (both low energy) and so is Spartan-Believer (redundant military strengths). Believer-Peacekeeper would be the only team that might stand up (because they would have both pre-reqs for Secrets of the Human Brain right from the beginning!).

Hobbes, I am going away myself July 7, the day you get back, so the game would not make much progress until July 12!

Chaunk has the first Morgan-Spartan team. I'm sure someone will step forward to take the mighty Uni-Hive. Hopefully it son't be someone TOO good!
          Creator of the Ultimate Builder Map, based on the Huge Map of Planet, available at The Chironian Guild:

Comment

We only need one more player...the mightiest faction combintion is open. I had the impression that people were hungry for games..obviously I was mistaken!!

Comment

UNi-Hive

Sure, why not ?? Count me in of this slot is still available.
              You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

OK, Flubber, but I need your e-mail address! it's not in your profile.

Comment

Originally posted by DilithiumDad
                  OK, Flubber, but I need your e-mail address! it's not in your profile.

I can be reached at sharris4141@yahoo.com
                  You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

if there is a second game i will take uni - morgan

thanks

Bburnsis@rogers.com

Comment

A second game is possible, but it you want Uni-Morgan then we'll have to find a player to take Spartan-Peacekeeper and I'll take Gaian-Hive.

Comment

doh, too late. i always said uni-hive was a crazy combo. i mean, uni with the research and hive with the industry. talk about gobbling up sps.

if anyone's interested in a game three, where i could go uni-hive, then we could do that.

Comment

Game three interest right here.

And what of using any SMAX factions?

Morgan-Spartan here if just SMAC.

Drones-Morgan if SMAX.
                          I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

We're still talking about game two here. I want to keep it fast and simple so I'm sticking to SMAC. The game concept is to have no CMN, so if you want to set up a SMAX game and call it game 3 in this series, that's great.

For game two it looks like we have:

Me (DD) as game starter and Gaians/PK's

smhfan86 as the mighty Uni-Hive

Flameflash as Morgospartanites

Just need everyone's assent and Flameflash's e-mail

Remember that you set your own passwords!

Comment

*nods* Understand the SMAX vs SMAC stuff... still sounds like fun.

flameflash@mac.com here.
                              I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

Working...
                              X