Anyone for a new SMAC/X PBEM game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone for a new SMAC/X PBEM game?

Kinda getting bored waiting around for the turns on my other games.

Whether it's SMAC or SMACX, I'll take the Hive.

Everyone else except the aliens of course, are up for grabs.

Sure... im in for another game.
    Ill prefer the gaians
    SMAC/SMACX whatever

Comment

bump

Comment

i go for smac- PK's

when do we begin and who's the CGN?
        "Some one told me former operators are not supposed to think much, that's good. I think that was the reason I took this job, ha, that and of course the fact the commissar said so." -t_ras: life through the former operators eye

Comment

I will take Believer.

Comment

Well, we got 4 players now, so all we need is a CMN.

I'll try asking the person that made my other game, but first, I suggest we come up with the settings.

I'll just list some, and you guys say what you want or don't want.

Large Map
            Flexible Starting Locations
            Erosion, Native Life, Clouds - average
            All victory conditions are on
            Look First: On
            Tech Stag: Off
            Spoils of War: Off
            Intense Rivalry: Off
            Directed Research (pick your own techs)
            No Unity Survey (map not visible)
            Pods are scattered
            No Random Events
            Time Warp: Off
            Iron Man: On (doesn't matter in PBEM)

-smhfan86

Comment

I'd like to try playing if you guys want to put up with a newbie
              I have only SMAC though, hope that won't be a problem...

Thank you for your consideration
              This is what it means to be a Spartan. It's not the killing or the suffering that matters. It's the purity of focus, without fear of death or pain.

Comment

Qantaga has agreed to be the CMN for this game. He's already made a great map from another game I'm playing, so there's no doubt he'll be a great CMN.

Right now he's having trouble with the boards, but he'll post as soon as he's fixes it.

KrysiasKrusader, just how much of a newbie are you? Can you beat the computer on Transcend?

-smhfan86

Comment

I can beat the computer on trascend (with Blind Research turned on) with all the factions except for the Spartans !?
                  I have also completed a OCC with the Gains.
                  I will require guidance with the procedures on conducting a multiplayer game though, witch may tax your patience... since you all seem to be experienced...
                  Thanks for replying.
                  This is what it means to be a Spartan. It's not the killing or the suffering that matters. It's the purity of focus, without fear of death or pain.

Comment

Originally posted by KrysiasKrusader
                    I can beat the computer on trascend (with Blind Research turned on) with all the factions except for the Spartans !?
                    I have also completed a OCC with the Gains.
                    I will require guidance with the procedures on conducting a multiplayer game though, witch may tax your patience... since you all seem to be experienced...
                    Thanks for replying.
                    You sound a lot like me when I first started PBEM's 4 months ago! For help on pushing a PBEM turn, Dreifels has a website where he captured screenshots of each screen for pushing a PBEM turn:

Also, the Civgaming site (which is also another good site to register for PBEM SMAC(X) games) has a lot of good info about population-booming, tech bee-lining, early game attack strategies, etc., which is extremely usfeul against higher caliber players :

Also, if your interested in a "friendly" Head to Head (H2H) game, let me know. I'm at dnandal@twcny.rr.com

Regardless, good luck!

D

Comment

oh this will be fun

Comment

So... Do I qualify ?

Comment

Hello everyone,

I am happy to act as CMN for your game. My profile was temporarily lost when 'Poly switched to their new web address, but things are fixed for me now.

It looks like you are almost set.

Here's what I see so far:

SMAC game:
                          smhfan86 - Hive
                          Arnathalon - Gaians
                          t_ras - Peacekeepers
                          zergling_zzh - Believers

I would think that KrysiasKrusader is more than qualified to play. The only question is do the original four mind a fifth player or not?

I will give it a couple more days for all of you to comment on the game settings that smhfan86 has proposed and to work out any other game details. I will start working on a map for you.

Please feel free to ask any questions of me, but this is your game, so I will leave the game settings discussions to the players.

Comment

It all seems fine to me. And a fifth player is also ok!

Comment

I'm fine with a 5th player. Just hope the turns are fast though.

As a rule, I'd like to propose that everyone post at the turn tracking thread whenever they send their turn off.

This way we can all know where the turn is, and whether or not a turn needs to be re-sent.

Comment

Working...
                              X