IP game tomorrow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IP game tomorrow?

I'd like to set up an Ip game tomorrow (Friday) morning, if anyone's interested. All this PBEM is great, but i feel like a little bit more fast paced game. Also, my girlfriend is out of town. Any takers? We'd play a standard map, and probably go for about 8-9 hours if its a good game.
    Fifteen apparitions have I seen,
    The worst a coat upon a coat hanger

I'm in. Since I'm DHCP, I'll E-Mail you the IP address I get tomorrow morning. This is assuming I don't get knocked off-air because of this storm...

D

Comment

Excellent. Hopefully we can get another couple players. Do you want to host? What kind of connection do you have?

Comment

I can host (Psybermagus and I had a good IP game going the other night! ) . I've got the big cable modem, so no problem with dial-up. Let me know what settings you want so that I can set it up. Also, your west coast: when do you want to begin?

Comment

My slate is free all this week. If you don't mind a newbie to MP games playing along with you, then I'd love to join in.
          Veni Vidi Castravi Illegitimos

Comment

Actually, I'm ESt (Ontario) so we aren't too far off in terms of time zones. I was thinking sometime around 9 or 10 am my time, but I'm flexible. It would be best if you host, so email us your ip address and we can meet at the site. We can decide the settings then as well, though I like a standard map with random settings and original rules, just to prevent overbalancing one way or another. I am flexible about anything though. It is just a game after all.

Comment

If you (and Archaic if he wants to play in this game and be up all nite his time) have time to E-Mail me your preferences tonight for the game, I can have it up and running tomorrow morning when you log on. Here are my preferences for the game:

SMAX
              Large map
              30-50% ocean coverage
              average clouds/erosion/native life
              transcend difficulty

As far as rules:

pods on
              random events on
              blind research off
              unity survey off
              look first on
              spoils of war, tech stag off

I would of course like to be Gaians. Also, if we bump heads on anything, why I think that the approach I used for travelling cross country would work here as well, and that is that everyone can put their two cents in regarding what radio station to listen to, but the driver gets final say (i.e. since this is arborman's thread, then he should have final say) . I'll E-Mail you my IP address tomorrow morning by 7am our time (10pm Archaic's).

ANYBODY ELSE VISITING THIS THREAD: not too late to sign up. Just post your preferences here and I will include you in tomorrow's IP game. Cut off for signup will be either until we get 7 players (3 currently) or Friday, February 1st @ 8am est.

Till Then,

D
              Last edited by Darsnan; January 31, 2002, 21:13.

Comment

Most of the settings are fine. However, I don't like tech stagnation or spoils of war, as they favour the warlike factions, and i like to play a (semi) peaceful game. Especially spoils of war, as I prefer Uni, and his advantage is lost if tech can be taken just by conquering a base. However, I'm not too fussy, I'll just play Hive or Spartans if you folks prefer these options.

Comment

All nighters are fine by me.

If we're playing SMAX, I can be flexible. Uni or Cyborgs both suit me.

Those rules look fine to me, though I usually prefer a Huge Map. Seeing though as that would likely slow the game down a lot if we manage 7 humans, Large should be good.

Comment

Rats! Cross-platform support for online games doesn't work in the Mac version. Your game will probably be faster without me in any case, so enjoy your game and let me know how it turns out. I'll be chearing for the loser.
                    Don't rule me out when I'm losing. Save your celebration until after I'm gone.

Comment

sorry you can't play, wgabrie! You're an honorable warrior, and I enjoy playing against you. Too bad not this time!

Archaic: since you are agreeing to the above stated prerequisites, I will send you my IP address tomorrow morning way before the designated time, and then I will E-Mail you the specific start time (probably the same as stated above, but I'd rather be safe). Get some sleep now, 'cause your going to need it (arborman is kicking proverbial butt in the game we're playing now!)!

Still open for 4 more slots, if anyone is interested! Respond before 7:30am est to me:

E-Mail address: dnandal@twcny.rr.com

Comment

I've stayed awake for 4 days at a time before. ^^; I won't need extra sleep. Besides, knowing how bad I probably am to you guys (Even with a copy of Vel's guide on hand), I'll probably either end up knocked out early or the Human Player equivilant of a submissive pactmate.

So, arborman, which faction will you be using? I prefer Uni, but if you want them for yourself I'll take Cyborgs like I said.

Comment

I'm just going to make sure you've got my time right. It's 11:05pm here right now, so the game should eb starting in 35 minutes by the time you gave me. However, since my state doesn't have Daylight savings time and I'm completly unfamiliar with what times of the year it's usually used elsewhere etc, there might potentially have been a mix up.

Comment

Working...
                          X