Thunderdome Deathmatch Challenge Series - players wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thunderdome Deathmatch Challenge Series - players wanted

This is Deimos and Qantaga's idea - and they are in Thunderdome 1.

It's SMAX

One-on-one deathmatch - Hive and Sparta, those implacable enemies from the Unity days.

You each start on your own continent, but you share it with an Alien faction and their researching slave, both of whom are out to get you. Your natural allies lie across the ocean, but that's where your lifelong enemy resides, with his similar share of problems. But are these allies trustworthy?

The Joker is Roze.

She's on an Island between you, and get this, starts with infiltration on all the other six factions.

It's on transcend level, and victory by Transcendence is turned off, as is co-operative and diplomatic victory, You win by conquest or economic means, and must win before either alien faction summons their Battle Fleet.

Any takers? Throw out your challenge here and I'll set it up.

Googlie

So - no takers for this format? No-one wants to challenge Buster to a one-on-one?

(Factions don't have to be Hive and Sparta - could be Aki vs Zak - or even Zak versus an evil cloned Zak)

Do I hear big_canuck (Hive) versus Misotu (Peacekeepers)?

Or Mark 13 (Gaians) versus Buster (Morgan) for CGN bragging rights?

G.

Comment

I would *love* to take Sparta, versus Buster(Hive), but would like to wait until I finish the NUs. Maybe start in a month or 2 if we are lucky. What do you say Buster?

I might do one against Misotu too.... Again, It would have to wait awhile. Thanks for asking though.

Team 'Poly

Comment

I would *love* to take Sparta, versus Buster(Hive),
        Personally, I would love to take a buster against the Hive, but not in the sense you had intended, perhaps!

I'll hold off on this challenge. My latest favorite faction is the peacekeepers, but I'm not very good with them yet.
        Indra

Comment

I might be interested. It sounds pretty tough... If Sikander bows out of the Dominus Transcend challenge we're in right now, which seems more likely all the time, maybe I could get him to be my opponent in one of these... Don't want to get into TOO many games.

Comment

I'm waiting to hear from Sikander about playing one of these. If he's not interested I'd still like to do one, so... Anyone else game?

Comment

OK, put me down
              If you want to kiss the sky/Better learn how to kneel/On your knees boy - U2, Mysterious Ways

http://zanature.wordpress.com

Comment

I believe we've got ourselves a deathmatch, gentlemen! Are we going with the Sparta/Hive combo? Sounds good to me, considering the circumstances, but I'm open to suggestions. I dig that crazy Gaian witch...

Comment

Well I'll take Sparta if you want the Smurfs.

Onwards to Armageddon with bass and flute.
                  If you want to kiss the sky/Better learn how to kneel/On your knees boy - U2, Mysterious Ways

Comment

Okay - I'll set it up.

Just to confirm:

Hobbes - Sparta
                    vitamin j - Gaians

That's what's wanted?

G.

Comment

That is fine by me.

Comment

This sounds very interesting ... I'm tempted, but I just have too many games on right now (and anyone playing me knows that I'm not keeping up too well at the moment )

But this has to be a really interesting challenge for someone who tends to like sitting in a corner and transcending.

Maybe in a couple of months ...
                        Team 'Poly

Comment

In the same boat as Mis really....very tempted, but one on one games require a considerable investment in time terms, and I'm already in....a few , which makes things tricky. Put me in the 'couple of months' category.
                          We're back!
                          http://www.civgaming.net/forums

Comment

After some consideration, I think I'll go with the Hive. You just never know with aliens right next door... So we're off!

Comment

Thunderdome deathmatch 2 has begun - starting turn has been sent to Chairman vitamin j

Good luck to you both - and may the winner emerge bloodied and scathed

G.

Comment

Working...
                              X