• Show
Clear All

• H0bbes
    replied
    Onwards.

Leave a comment:

• Googlie
    replied
    And on to Hobbes with apologies for the delay (toasted my harddrive)

Leave a comment:

• Qantaga
    replied
    2154 to Chairman G.

Leave a comment:

• Viriato
    replied
    2154 to Qantaga.

Cheer up Googlie! They should fix those bugs in the 1st patch.

Leave a comment:

• Paul
    replied
    2153 to Viriato

Leave a comment:

• H0bbes
    replied
    Onwards.

Leave a comment:

• Googlie
    replied
    2153 to Hobbes

And yes, we are still playing SMAC/X despite the bugs. But we have learned to work round them (e.g. the various multiplayer rules)

But we don't have imbalanced battles (we all laughed at spearmen taking out tanks in CtP - well, guess what? Sid abd the gang must have liked it so much there that they incorporated it as a feature in civIII) - the air intercept bug - caused a terranx crash in most smac/x games - in CivIII just doesn't scramble (but of course, the AI's does - and wins every time, so unless your bomber force greatly outnumbers the defenders, you're toast. and if you provide interceptor cover, guess what - rthey turn away when the AI scrambles its defense)

And the inrerface is clunky - what was wrong with the smac/x one that they felt they had to change???

Anyway, as I said, it's languishing on a coffee table here. And to think I sprung for the Prima guide as well .....

G.

Leave a comment:

• Viriato
    replied
    2153 to Qantaga.

Yeah, a lot of people seem disapointed with the game (except Vel ). Still I'm going to buy it and make my own judgement.
    This of course if I can find it anywhere .

The thing that bugs me is that SMAC has a massive amount of bugs (some of them wich resisted 5 patches, including Alien Crossfire) and we keep playing it after more than 2 years!

Leave a comment:

• Paul
    replied
    2152 to Viriato

Leave a comment:

• H0bbes
    replied
    On to Paul.

Leave a comment:

• Googlie
    replied
    2152 to Hobbes

Leave a comment:

• Qantaga
    replied
    2152 sent to Googlie.

-------
    I also picked up CivIII. I am enjoying it so far. I haven't put a lot of time into it yet and I never did play CivI or II, so I am not the best source of information about how the game has been updated.

SMAC still has my heart, though. CivIII has not set its hooks in me like SMAC has.

Leave a comment:

• Paul
    replied
    2151 to Viriato

Leave a comment:

• H0bbes
    replied
    On.

Leave a comment:

• Googlie
    replied
    2151 to Hobbes.

And yes, with much excitement I bought it on the day it hit the stores. Now it languishes on a table (and would join CtP, CtPII, ToT, Braveheart if i were back in Vancouver.

What a massive disappointment.

G.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X