Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Game

Hi all !

I haven't played any SMAC for more than 1 year and would like to start a new MP game, best with at least 4-5 players.
    Settings would be more or less default SMAC classic v. 4, but I'm open to any suggestion
    It would either be a real time game (playing at least a couple of evenings for some hours every week) or PBEM. Preferred real time (already finished 1 RT game) but in that case I'd say players should use at least isdn, better cable or dsl to avoid latency or disconnection problems (and nightmarish phone bills)
    Anyways only seriously interested gamers should apply please

Looking forward to meet (and crush) you
    Last edited by Pawn; September 30, 2001, 13:05.

I'm interested... what difficulty level are you thinking about?

US/Eastern Time Zone...

trauma@itropolis.net

Comment

Hi Traumahawk,

Maybe Talent level ?

My timezone is GMT + 1 (middle Europe) and I believe Eastern Time zone would be GMT - 5, so i should be 6 hours ahead of you

Have you already played a 'real time' SMAC game ?

Comment

Ok, thats cool...

I've played 1 or 2 RT games before. No PBEM's yet.

I typically play on transcend or thinker, so I might be a tad challenging if we play on anything else. But, anything works for me.

Comment

Great !
          So there already are 2 players
          What connection to the Net do you use ?

Comment

Count me in if you set up a real time game. I am on GMT, and can play from 9pm onwards, plus perhaps some weekend afternoons. I don't have broadband, but it should be ok.

Comment

Hi,
              I'm in for either a PBEM or RT game, though I haven't played the latter before. I have a cable connection and would like to play either as the Spartans or Hive.

Contact me at brendanhurd@optushome.com.au

Thanks,
              Brendan

Comment

Hello Brendan & Spike !

As it looks like by now there are 4 players willing to try a RT SMAC game
                The biggest issue would be the timezone since Spike and myself are in Europe but it seems Traumahawk is in USA and Brendan in Australia !
                That doesn't make it NECESSARILY impossible but it requires that we all agree on a time to play which wouldn't cause any inconveniencies to any player.
                I could usually play from about 8 pm (7 pm GMT) on Monday-Friday or at any time at weekend.

Comment

Hi,
                  I work from home so I can be fairly flexible when I play so ill leave it up to you guys to work out times. Not sure exactly how to work out this GMT time though, can anyone help me with that?

Brendan

Comment

Hi again Brendan,

Happy to hear you got a flexible timeschedule because we will need it if we start this game (hope soon).
                    I'm fairly adaptable myself but it seems Spike would like to play after 9 pm GMT.
                    Still waiting for an answer from Traumahawk ...
                    If you are in Australia your timezone is between GMT + 8 (West) and GMT + 10 (East), so you would be many hours ahead of us in Europe.
                    Admitting we started playing at 9 pm GMT that would be 5 -8 am for you
                    Of course I don't know if Spike would mind playing until late in the evening / night. I could manage starting maybe at 10 pm GMT but not much later.

Comment

I dont mind starting early except on Monday and Saturday mornings as i have to be away from home to work.

Comment

Ok Brendan,

If you are still determined to play (till the end) early in the morning that would be great for me and Spike (just spoke to him)
                        Could you please tell us in which time zone you are, so we could arrange our meetings more precisely ?
                        Still no answer from Traumahawk
                        If you know anybody likely to join our game just invite him pls.

Comment

looks like if we play 9/10 GMT - 1/2 GMT a few nights a week the 3 of us are ok with that. We could use a 4th, or a response from traumahawk.

Comment

Most mornings i will only be able to play for about three hours at a time but ill see when we get closer to start. Here is my timeZone
                            GMT + 10(sydney, Melbourne). Ill check around to see if anyone else wants to play but I dont know too many players.

Comment

10GMT-1GMT on agreed nights could work then.

Comment

Working...
                              X