Turns of ACT057 game in Apolyton PBEM Tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turns of ACT057 game in Apolyton PBEM Tournament

The players of this game:Difficulty level: Thinker.

Please, read and obey the rules posted on the thread PBEM Tournament Rules and Results.

You should post turn administration/notification messages below.
    Last edited by Tau Ceti; October 4, 2001, 20:36.

Welcome all !

2101 to Uni

Comment

Thanx,

as much as DON*T want this to happen it did, PROBLEMS...... already anyway, I am having difficulties to play the turn (or to be more exact loading the file you sent me) so if you please, resent the turn (file) to me Xeno, and I will be grateful.
      It's close to midnight and something evil's is lurking in the dark.

Comment

It took me almost 24 hours to play the first turn......

this is what happened:

I got the file from Xeno and as usual I unzipped it and out it into the catalogue for MP games, the I started my game and I loaded it..... nothing, something is wrong the computer told me. So I thought okey... what's wrong?

Maybe some virus? At this time I had to leave home for a few hours. I got back 4 hours later and tried again... the same thing - something is wrong the program can't load the game. so what now, I email back and asked for a resent.... and waited. the next day (about 8 or so hours later) I tried again, nothing so what now, I decided to reinstall the game. So I did that. Tried again.... you guessed it nothing!!! So now I thought I have to bring in the big guns. I uninstall the hole thing and reinstall it, nothing, I unistall again and throw the entire thing out (which includes all my SP saved games and records) and I reinstal the game. Now the game doesn't even start!
        What could be wrong, I thought. Of cause I have to reinstall the ENTIRE game not just SMACX.... and it suddenly comes to me!

It wasn't a SMACX game, it's a SMAC game. After reinstalling and all that I could finally (and easily I might add) play the first turn and send it forward.

Comment

These are the times, that try men's souls...

2101 to Peregrinefalcon

PS. Just for future reference - I think Tau Ceti uses the convention that an Apolyton sponsered Alpha Centauri PBEM game is designated with an ACT prefix (ACT057 for example), while an Apolyton sponsored Alien Crossfire PBEM will have an AXT prefix (i.e. AXT057). Not 100% sure about this, though.
          Last edited by Scipio Centaurus; September 11, 2001, 23:38.
          Delende est Ashcrofto

Comment

Nice to meet everyone and the turn is on its way to xeno
            " Praise not the day until evening has come; a woman until she is burnt; a sword until it is tried;
            a maiden until she is married; ice until it has been crossed; beer until it has been drunk."--- Viking Proverb

Comment

Yes, it's a SMAC game...

2102 to Uni

Comment

ACT..... Alpha Centauri Tournement...... DOH!!!

sometimes you learn things the easy way and sometimes you learn it the hard way, I learned this the ridiculous way.

anyway the turn away to ScipioC.

Comment

Scipio reporting in.

2102 to Perigrinefalcon on 9/11
                  Last edited by Scipio Centaurus; September 14, 2001, 16:39.
                  Delende est Ashcrofto

Comment

2102 resent to Perigrinefalcon

--------

3 days later... looks like Perigrinefalcon has flown the coop. I'll contact Tau Ceti about finding a replacement. Meanwhile could the other players post a message, indicating their desire to continue the game? If I haven't heard from all remaining players in a couple of days. I'll assume this game is dead.

Thanks.

- Scipio
                    Last edited by Scipio Centaurus; September 18, 2001, 11:01.
                    Delende est Ashcrofto

Comment

^bump^ (to auto email subscribed players)
                      Delende est Ashcrofto

Comment

I'm still in it. Ihaven't been giving the game much thought since I assumed that people needed some time of for the thing a week ago.

Comment

My other games have long since restarted. Sadly, I've been in this situation before. If a player needs time off for a vacation or whatever, a quicky message to the thread to let everybody know what's up, is called for - if humanly possible. That should go without saying, but I think it's actually written down somewhere in the rules.

- Scipio
                          Delende est Ashcrofto

Comment

I have no idea where the other lives but they might been there or know someone....

anyway, what will happen now?

Comment

Well, I am still here. I am surprised that so many games I have started here are stalled.

There is one game I have (not here), there is no problem with all the 7 players. Why?. Cause we make use of the rules!

The rules there are: After 2 days, the player will be replaced temporary of one of the other players and simultaneous the search for a final replacement starts.

If we make use of the rules here and looking for a replacement, the players will get automaticlly disciplined, I hope.

Comment

Working...
                              X