• Show
Clear All

Show Headers
    Report Junk Mail

Reply-To: "Solver"
    Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 11:46:50 +0300
    To: "al clarg"
    Subject: Re:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------First of all, please don't send to ugita@lantet.lv anything. The email
    address now belongs to another person, I periodically clean it up with my
    old mails. It's only solver@apolyton.net . If the turns get sent there, wait
    time is normal. When sent to old address, it will surely be ages before I
    play. Don't offend me on that one.
    Reloads - I didn't know my password. I received it several hours after the
    turn, and tried all the possible passwords .
    Solver

Solver is a moderator so I guess he doesn't need to:

notify all players if his response time is over 48 hours
    post his turn sent messages to the thread
    acknowledge or explain multiple re-loads

Comment

As I am the person who sends Solver his turn I just want to clarify that I have only sent him turns to solver@apolyton.net address. I have it my my address book and I click on it to send turns to him. So I don't know what he means about it being sent to a different address.

Solver plays other games and I know there has been issues with turn times, not posting to the boards and explaining reloads.

Not sure what you want to do about it, Dinoarms. If you want Solver removed from the game then it might be an idea to contact the moderator and ask her to take action. I can see that you are frustrated with the response that you've had from Solver so far but I suspect a more positive approach that is going to get something done is to put your concerns to the moderator and ask her to investiagate it and to take action. Otherwise it will just drag on until you get fed-up and quit which I certainly don't want.
      'No room for human error, and really it's thousands of times safer than letting drivers do it. But the one in ten million has come up once again, and the the cause of the accident is sits, something in the silicon.' - The Gold Coast - Kim Stanley Robinson

'Feels just like I can take a thousand miles in my stride hey yey' - Oh, Baby - Rhianna

Comment

Solver

In part this is an apology. Having looked more carefully at the turn sent messages in this thread I realize that you have only gone over the two day limit twice without notifying us. I also realize that you have taken around 48 hours to play a number of times. My mistake has been to confuse your response time in this game with another that we are both in--7 humans ffa.

Otherwise your rate has been satisfactory. Still your more than occasional long responces will potentially prolong this game by many months if not more than a year.

I would appreciate if you could post your turn sent messages to the thread. As well notification that you will not be playing for 48+ hours would be appreciated.

Perhaps there is something I do not understand about your explanation for the mulitiple re-loads you made on your first turn...please explain.

Personally I would like to see you bow from the game and make room for a more dedicated and commited player

Comment

4 days of waiting for Solver. I have posted Misotu requesting an investigation and his replacement.

turn 1 was posted on the thirteenth of June. It is the 28th of July and we are still on the 9th turn. We are playing at a rate of approximately 6 turns per month. We will reach MY 2100 in late A.D. 2002. By M.Y. 2300 the bones in my hands will be riddled with arthirtus and I will be unable to continue playing.

Check out the thread 7 humans ffa for other examples of Solver's tempo.

Others interested in speeding up things should post Misotu at misotu@hotmail.com.

I am prepared to withdraw from both 7 players ffa and NoAi.

Dinoarms

Comment

Sorry for interruption.

Dino: It's sad to see that all your hard work to get 7FFA started was in vain. I fully understand your intention for withdraw and I'll do the same. I am in another game with 1-2 turns per day and I have time to join another one.
            If you're going to launch some in near future,please count me in.
            My response rate is rarely longer than 2 hours since I spend alot of time online.

Regards.

SF
            My life, my rules

Comment

Solver has problems with his email, but I will leave it up to him to explain. I'm going to post his turn on this thread...
              Attached Files
              'No room for human error, and really it's thousands of times safer than letting drivers do it. But the one in ten million has come up once again, and the the cause of the accident is sits, something in the silicon.' - The Gold Coast - Kim Stanley Robinson

'Feels just like I can take a thousand miles in my stride hey yey' - Oh, Baby - Rhianna

Comment

Apologies for the delay in getting to this. I have received Dinoarms' email, and I know that others are also frustrated with the slow pace of this game.

I will send Solver an email and see if we can work something out.
                Team 'Poly

Comment

Turn re-sent to Solver as requested in his email

Comment

OK, well it's good to see Solver is up and running again ... but this still leaves us with a potential problem. Solver, I've sent you a private message asking you to address the issues on the thread if you wouldn't mind. I think basically the problem is that you don't post your turns, don't reply to comments on the thread, and you regularly take 48 hours + to take a turn. Taking a while from time to time is fine - everyone does this. But with you it's the rule, rather than the exception so far in this game, which is causing quite a lot of frustration around the place

It'd be great if you could just turn stuff round a bit faster ... any chance?
                    Team 'Poly

Comment

Well, Solver still shuns the thread, but he swears he is on for 10-12 hours turnaround time from now on ... crossing my fingers. Hopefully the game will start to move at a reasonable pace now ...
                      Team 'Poly

Comment

I wonder how many minutes has an hour to Solver

Comment

Misotu et al

Yet another 48+ hours waiting for Solver....I make a motion for a replacement

Comment

Do we know if Levelisk has received the turn from solver or not? It seems that he doesn't post to the thread too often either.

Comment

SITS et al

In 7 humans ffa we wait for Levelisk. His turn rate is normally good...I think he is temporarily delayed. I have found no notification of absense on his part in any threads. It is possible that the delay lies with him and that Solver has sent a turn to him but not, AS USUAL, posted turn sent notification to this thread.

Dinoarms

Comment

all:

Posted Levelisk via email. Should we find a temporary replacement or give him more time? His last post in apolyton was Jul 27.

Comment

Working...
                                X