Turns of AXT051 game in Apolyton PBEM Tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turns of AXT051 game in Apolyton PBEM Tournament

The players of this game:The AI factions are the Hive, the Cyborgs and the Drones.
    Difficulty level: Transcend.

Please, read and obey the rules posted on the thread PBEM Tournament Rules and Results.

You should post turn administration/notification messages below.
    Last edited by Tau Ceti; June 18, 2001, 18:53.

Tau Ceti,

Thank you for getting this game set up for us. I am looking forward to this tournament game (my first).

Good luck to everyone!

MY 2102 sent to Datajack Zaphod.

Comment

Greetings and Good Luck to all Players!
      May the fungus be with You.

Comment

Good luck to all!

May the Energy Credits be with you....er... I mean me
        "That which does not kill me, makes me stronger." -- Friedrich Nietzsche
        "That which does not kill me, missed." -- Anonymous war gamer
        "I fear that we have awakened a sleeping giant and instilled in it a terrible resolve." - Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

Comment

MY 2102 to Prophet Skanderbeg
          "I fear that we have awakened a sleeping giant and instilled in it a terrible resolve." - Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

Comment

Transmission to Prophet Skanderbeg scrambled. Message unintelligible. Transmission re-initiated.

Comment

MY 2103 sent to Zaphod.

Comment

2103 to Deimos

I am having an odd problem with this game: the faction's symbols and colors are all mixed up. I am using the Pirates' bases, symbol and white flags. Everything else is okay - I do have the appropriate units and tech for the Angels - so there will be no problem with game play. But it's just very strange having the wrong graphics for every faction, and I would like to fix the problem if possible.

Is anyone else having this problem? Anyone know how to fix it?
                "Don't Panic!" - The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Comment

Everyone has that problem, it is standard (and buggy) behaviour for all SMACX scenarios. The game uses the graphics of the faction currently listed in the appropriate slot in your Alpha Centauri.ini file - which changes every time you start a new game.

A permanent solution does not exist. It is possible to work around it, but usually too much hassle. Though, if you rarely play SP any more and are only in 1 game, starting a new game with the factions in the correct order (Pirates, Hive, Angels, Cyborgs, Morgan, Drones, Planet Cult) will give you the correct graphics from now on.

Comment

MY2103 to Skanderbeg

Comment

MY 2104 sent to Datajack Zaphod.

-------
                      A new announcement has been broadcast through the Datalinks to all residents of Planet:

"People of Chiron: Tired of your current lot in life? Oppressed by your meager existence on dry land? Uncertain of your future?

Join the Pirates. Live the Adventure. Sail the High Seas. Feel the wind in your hair and the ocean spray on your face. Share in the treasures of the deep. Seize your own destiny. Join the Pirates today!"

Comment

2104 to Deimos

Thanks, Tau Ceti, for the information on the graphics bug. I'll play a new SP game with the factions in the correct order.
                        "Don't Panic!" - The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Comment

MY2104 to Skanderbeg

Comment

MY 2105 sent to Zaphod.

-------
                            Thanks to Zaphod for bringing up the graphics question and to Tau Ceti for the answer. It was nice to see the correct graphics this turn!

Comment

Guys,

I have a new email address. It is deimos_00@usa.net. Apparently, my other provider is going to be down for an extended period of time, possibly weeks.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X