Comment

M.Y. 2105 sent to Qantaga.

Nice pace .

Comment

M.Y. 2106 sent to White Elephants.

And yes this is a nice pace.

Comment

MY 2106 to theohall.

And Viriato, I am also impressed with the pace of this game.

Edit - Wow, that was fast. Theo not only played the turn quickly, but he even beat me to posting the turn.

So, the turn really is on its way to WhiteElephants, even though my post was a little slow.

Comment

Back to Viri about an hour ago...

Concerning the 2 turns on the weekend proposal -- I've been checking my email twice a day first around 2pm and 11pm Eastern Standard Time. On the weekends I'm usually busier, so I tend to check my email less. I can try to get to my email a few times this weekend, but I was wondering what anyone else thought about arranging a session of IP in order to really kick start this game? I could schedule a few free hours on the weekend to get together, but we'd have to work it out between our different time zones.

Warning: I've never tried to take an email game to IP and then back to email again. We'd have to find someone with more experience with this to give us a hand. Tau Ceti or Misotu come to mind.

Just a thought, I certainly won't be crushed if no one like this idea. After all, we are moving along at a good clip.

Comment

WhiteElephants,

That is a nice proposal. Theo and I have experimented with trying to get an IP game going. The problem we had was that the load time was excrutiatingly slow. It was probably so slow due to the fact that we both have 56k modems and that I have AOL (only because my work requires it). We were trying to load a Tiny map, so this Huge map would probably never load for me on IP.

However, we did discover that we can swap files fairly quickly using either Yahoo Messenger or AIM (both of which are free if you don't have one of them already). So, you have to load your turn, then save and exit, but you don't have to zip and e-mail, you can just transfer the file (through Yahoo or AIM) to the next player and it goes pretty fast.

I would love to schedule a weekend session to get a few of the early years going. This weekend is not very good for me due to a friend's wedding Saturday and a business flight Sunday, but next weekend (or any of the next few weekends), I will be available.

If Viriato likes this idea, we may need to get some times that are good for him to play. I am very flexible on the weekends as long as I get a little advance notice.

Regardless of whether we can meet up online, I am having a great time with this game.

Comment

M.Y. 2106 sent to Qantaga.

My IP experience is almost null. I managed to play a couple of turns once, but later I never even got to start a game. It always got stuck when loading.

As for the weekend proposal it sounds fine. On Saturdays I'm not available all day but I usually can manage to check my email around 12:00-14:00 GMT and later from 20:00 until 02:00AM. On sunday I'm usually available all day.
                For the record my time is GMT 0.

Comment

MY 2107 sent to theohall.

This weekend looks like a good one just to keep an eye on the e-mail, but maybe next Sunday would be a good time to crank out some turns.

Comment

2108 to WE.

Next Sunday (10 June) looks good for me as well.

Since 12-14 GMT is 06-08 here, it would be just like getting up for work, only much more fun.

Comment

Looks like I could work something out for next Sunday. I just need a calculator to figure out this GMT time zone stuff.

Turn to Viriato.

Comment

GMT Time zone stuff.

US East Coast is 5 hours behind GMT

So for a GMT time of 11 am US times would be:

New York 6 am ET
                        Missouri 5 am CT
                        Colorado 4 am MT
                        California 3 am PT

Comment

M.Y. 2108 sent to Qantaga.

10 June is Portugal national day and my cousin's birthday so it might be complicated for me, but I'll tell you more later. Maybe I'll just stay home and celebrate playing SMAC .

Comment

M.Y. 2108 sent to theohall.

Viriato, just let us know what's best for you. I'm sure we'll be able to work something out soon if 10 June isn't a good SMAC day for you. (Although I like your idea of how to celebrate)

Comment

An unexpected turn of events - I'm at work on duty right now. I will get to the turn as soon as possible, probably sometime later this afternoon.

Comment

ah...home again (but still on call)

2109 to WE.

Comment

Working...
                                X