Drago Sinio - cbn Spartan Challenge Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drago Sinio - cbn Spartan Challenge Series

This challenge arose out of a discussion in the general threads about the attributes of the Spartans. Drago asserted that the Spartans, played with a specific strategy, were unbalanced if not unstoppable given sufficient time to build up an industry to support their military. As a believer that the factions are relatively well balanced, I resisted this idea and raised the idea that Drago would test his theories against human opposition, me.

Drago has never played MP before and I am a relative newbie to MP (having not yet completed any games)so we do not purport to be the experts or the champions of the factions. This is a challenge between two regular players. My hope is that I can show that the other factions can acquit themselves well against the Spartans but hey, if I get rolled I will have learned something about the value of those Spartans.

I wish to thank Googlie for providing maps with fair start positions and for all the advice on start-up issues to be determined. There are 3 games, played on 3 different size maps as follows.

1. Standard- Hive (cbn) vs Spartans (Drago Sinio)
    2. Large - Gaians (cbn) vs Spartans (Drago Sinio)
    3. Huge - University (cbn) vs Spartans (Drago Sinio)

The game is regular Smac and all the other regular factions are present (although Googlie indicated the preferences are tweaked to make them a little smarter). This thread will serve as a turn tracking thread for all three games. Also Googlie has volunteered to look at the games at 20 year intervals and post non-sensitive data to give a sense of our progress. I will likely post "flavor" from time to time to try to make it more interesting (just in case anyone else reads these threads).

The first turns in the Hive and Gaian games have been sent to Drago. The initial turn of the University game started with Drago

Comment

Okay the Spartan Rovers are all fired up and rovin around looking for trouble.

Spartan turn in each of the three games sent to cbn. (if i did it correctly)
      L 2102, S 2103, H 2102

"Nine out of ten voices in my head CAN'T be wrong, can they?"

Comment

s 2104, L 2103, H 2103 back at you.

Yikes! I was already attacked by a worm! I hate Worms. My first kill! Go Spartans!

Comment

Sent back the 2105 turns, had a problem with the Gaian game.

Comment

The turn is passed

Hive (s) 2103
            Gaians (L) 2102
            Uni (H) 2102

Too early to tell anything much about the maps yet except none of my factions started in the jungle (darn fair maps LOL)-- I am looking forward to this and it is great to get 3 turns in a single email.

Comment

Correct gaian 2105 sent to cbn.

Comment

Turn passed

Hive 2105
                UNI 2104
                Gaians 2104

Comment

2106 to cbn

Comment

Turn to Drago

Comment

2107 to cbn.

Comment

And all 3 turns right back atcha

Comment

2108 turn sent

Comment

2110 sent to cbn

Comment

2110 back to Drago

The planet appears to be hostile to all 3 of the anti-Spartan factions. Between them they share one landmark-- Unfortunately it is the Great Dunes LOL!

Thus far all nations are undertaking routine exploration of their lands and have little to report

Comment

Working...
                              X