No announcement yet.

Builder-Momentum Team Series: #1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On fog of war, I find it easier to see the terrain with it off, that's all really. You're right that you can't see pacted units. But fog of war has been turned on for me since Garth selected the option. 2116 to Mark.
    Team 'Poly

Comment

2116 to Misotu

Maybe it's do to with the A..C.. .ini file that's on our systems. In between turns I usually tweak scenarios and experiment, so when the next turn loads it'll read my .ini file which will have fog of war off. (Likewise I see a preset foil supply after Ind Auto, 'cos I added that line to my alpha.txt units to try and get the AI to build them - I see that in all my games, again, I guess, because of my default .ini.

But no-one else would, without that mod to their alpha.txt.

Mis, are you sure that yours turned off 'cos of Garth's change, or 'cos you in the meantime played another game with it on?

And talking of fog-of-war and waiting between turns, am i the only one finding these boards inordinately slow in loading these days? Even with DSL I can easily be waiting five minutes to get from the basic 'Poly forums page to a specific game turn response post window. It's only marginally quicker using my Rynn logon, where I have the avatars disabled.

G.

Comment

To be honest, I can't be sure. I have noticed, though, that my games seem to remain consistent unless a setting is changed by another player. If I am playing a game with fog of war off, it generally stays that way consistently turn to turn, and the reverse is true. It doesn't seem to be affected by the settings of other games played in the meantime?

And yeah, the boards have been particularly slow today. I'm expecting the board to go down for maintenance soon

Turn not received though - I've emailed Googlie to ask for a resend.
        Team 'Poly

Comment

2117 to Mark.
          Team 'Poly

Comment

I've had trouble posting to the board today, but this is just to say that Mark definitely got the turn - the game should be with Garth now, hopefully.
            Team 'Poly

Comment

Turn to Googlie
              Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi Wan's apprentice.

Comment

2118 to Mark.
                Team 'Poly

Comment

d/p - apologies
                  We're back!
                  http://www.civgaming.net/forums

Comment

Sorry all, the boards have been painfully slow recently, so I haven't bothered posting - 2118 is now with Garth, anyway.
                    We're back!

Comment

Turn to Googlie
                      Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi Wan's apprentice.

Comment

2119 to the Evil Dr. Mark
                        Team 'Poly

Comment

2119 to Garth....
                          We're back!

Comment

Turn to Googlie

Comment

2119 to Misotu

Comment

2120 back to the Evil One.
                                Team 'Poly

Comment

Working...
                                X