Turns of AXT029 game, third thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turns of AXT029 game, third thread

Welcome to the new thread! The old thread for this game can be found here.

2149 to RedFred.
    Team 'Poly

Hi RedFred - I found out that you can select "edit" on posts made by other people, and look at the raw information they've typed, even though you aren't actually permitted to make edits on the post itself.

This is really useful for finding out how to do all the clever formatting stuff. Choose a post containing the required feature, select edit and then examine what comes up - you will see the raw information displayed as it was typed originally and before the board turned it into the pretty stuff. You can even cut and paste this text into your own post, and then modify so it works for your situation.

Tau would be astonished to know how many of his posts have been cannibalised by me
    Team 'Poly

Comment

That is OK, I stole all my knowledge of these things from zsozso's posts in the same way.

Comment

2150 to Misotu

Comment

A new thread, a new half century.

2150 to Alinestra.

Somebody is going to have to explain to me how to link neatly like Misotu just did.

Comment

Heh - well I'm glad I'm not the only one who can't do these things by instinct

2150 off to RedFred.
            Team 'Poly

Comment

Thanks for the tip, Misotu. 2151 to Alinestra.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by RedFred on 03-22-2001 12:27 AM
                Thanks for the tip, Misotu. 2151 to Alinestra.

*blink* *blink*

*search*

Really? It's neither in my household email, nor in my personal yahoo account.

You didn't send it to Dr Benway did you?

*confused*
                "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

I sent it the same place as always. I received an odd message from hotmail telling me that the e-mail was "delayed" but that I didn't need to resend!?

In defiance of the evil Micro$oft empire I will resend. I'll try both the normal "enixine" account as well as your "amazonian" account. Is one of these the "Dr Benway" account?

- RedFred, equally confused

Comment

well, one must have worked 'cos I got the turn, played it, and sent it on to Misotu (2151)

Comment

Sorry, it's an in-joke. Dr Benway gets no emails because he has the fewest online friends (to whit: none) and doesn't use the internet much. So whenever anybody else's emails go missing, we always blame Benway.

I should move away from using Hotmail, as well. Not only does it spam your email and those of others, it's also truncating all the filenames so I have to rename them, thus wasting a good 0.54 seconds each time! Just think of the man-hours!!!!! GONE TO WASTE!!!!!!
                      "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

I see. You blame everything on Dr. Benway. I prefer to blame everything on Hotmail myself. 2152 to the Hive.

On the filenames, my O/S likes to only display the first six characters of filenames so I have no clue if Hotmail is truncating.

Comment

That's odd though ... hotmail doesn't do that to my file names. I wonder why the difference?

Aki has started to build the WP by the way.

2151 is off to RedFred.
                          Team 'Poly

Comment

On to Googlie.
                            "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

2152 to Misotu

(LOL, you'll get a replay message - inadvertently deleted the file right after saving - instead of previous turn as I usually do - and had to replay. Only diff was 1st time popped a 25 credit pod, 2nd time popped a xenofungus growth - not so LOL - but at least I'm the Gaians)

Oh - and we are pleased to announce the completion of The Merchant Exchange (Lady Dee's Chief of Staff is one Nwabudike Morgan who extolled the virtues of the Merchant Exchange to her incessantly until she caved in)

G.

Comment

Working...
                              X