Turns of ACT036 game in Apolyton PBEM Tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turns of ACT036 game in Apolyton PBEM Tournament

The players of this game:Difficulty level: Librarian.

Please, read and obey the rules posted on the thread PBEM Tournament Rules and Results.

You should post turn administration/notification messages below.

[This message has been edited by Tau Ceti (edited September 26, 2000).]

Well timed Tau! I leave for university tomorrow, and it's unlikely I'll have time to both play and send the turn before I go. With luck, it'll be sent between Friday and Wednesday. Sorry guys!
    The church is the only organisation that exists for the benefit of its non-members
    Buy your very own 4-dimensional, non-orientable, 1-sided, zero-edged, zero-volume, genus 1 manifold immersed in 3-space!
    All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That's his.
    "They offer us some, but we have no place to store a mullet." - Chegitz Guevara

Comment

What version of AC should we be using? Does it matter?
      I currently have crossfire installed and patched to 2.0, although
      I *think* I backed-up the original game before I installed crossfire.
      I know I had problems with saved games between patches, and I could imagine that the same thing could happen if we're not all using the same version.

Comment

Use the 4.0 patch for AC, 2.0 for Crossfire. Crossfire includes the 4.0 patch for AC, so you should not need to change anything there. Surely everyone uses the latest patches?

Comment

Yeah, I think we're all using the SMAC 4.0 patch (I hope so anyway). Also, thanks to Tau Ceti for setting this game up.
          We're back!
          http://www.civgaming.net/forums

Comment

Just making sure it doesn't slip off the top page, so....

*bump*

We're back!

Comment

2102 Sent to the Spartans.

Morgan Industries, Trusted Since 2100
              http://www.MorganIndustries.com

[This message has been edited by KingAardvark (edited October 03, 2000).]

Comment

Turn sent to the Peacekeepers....

Comment

Ok. Problems obtaining passwords for my new email system, but turn finally sent on to KingAardvark.

Not that it really makes any difference, but it was sent from an @cam.ac.uk address. Don't use that one - it may not like attachments and I can probably still get freeserve mail anyway. I just as yet don't have a personal IP address (or working network card...), so am using a departmental computer. SHOULD be up and running fully by the weekend...
                  The church is the only organisation that exists for the benefit of its non-members
                  Buy your very own 4-dimensional, non-orientable, 1-sided, zero-edged, zero-volume, genus 1 manifold immersed in 3-space!
                  All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That's his.

Comment

Should that have been the first turn? It's just, well, the game normally starts on 2101....

2103 to Chowlett
                    We're back!

Comment

All random/Planet games start in 2102, as I play the first turn (doing nothing) to set the passwords. This does give the AIs a 1 turn head start, but that should not be a problem.

Comment

2103 to Spartans

Comment

Turn sent onward to the Peacekeepers...

Comment

2104 to Chowlett.......

I wonder if MorganIndustries.com realise that their website is being visited by hundreds of SMACers?
                            We're back!

Comment

Turn to Morgan.

Am now fully operational - you can definitely use the freeserve address, but I can't email out on that account, so anything you get from me will be from crh37@cam.ac.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X