Hot Seat Availability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot Seat Availability

I've played Civ2, Civ2-Tot, CTP-1. Tot and CTP-1 both have Hot seat. This is an option that I and my family play the games in. I've never played Alpha Centuri, but have developed an interest in the game through messages on this site. I followed the CTP-2 stuff (and continue to do so) but will not buy the game until they:

1. fix most of the 'stupid' and 'annoying' bugs listed by those on this site (in the CTP-2 section) that have been playing the game.

2. develop a Hot Seat option for the game (very improtant to me and my family)

Does Alpha Centuri have a Hot Seat Option?

If it does, I will look into buying the game as it sounds like an interesting game. If it doesn't, I will not, as I have little interest for another AI opponent game or (over the internet) mulitplayer game.

Would appreciate a good answer from someone.

thanks

quote:

Originally posted by big_canuk on 01-14-2001 12:57 PM
    I don't know if this is a "good" answer, but I will try?

In smac(x) the pbem option is the same as the hotseat option. When you are done your turn, a screen comes up for the next player to enter their password. In a hotseat game, (s)he would sit down and enter it and play. In a PBEM, you save and exit the game, zip the file and send it to the next player.

This option labeled "hotseat/PBEM" comes up by clicking on the multiplayer option on the main menu. Hope you decide to get the game. It's great!

Sounds like a great answer to me. Now we'll have another Civ type game to play. Thanks for the quick response.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Mike the Nuke on 01-13-2001 11:57 PM

Would appreciate a good answer from someone.

thanks

I don't know if this is a "good" answer, but I will try?

In smac(x) the pbem option is the same as the hotseat option. When you are done your turn, a screen comes up for the next player to enter their password. In a hotseat game, (s)he would sit down and enter it and play. In a PBEM, you save and exit the game, zip the file and send it to the next player.

This option labeled "hotseat/PBEM" comes up by clicking on the multiplayer option on the main menu. Hope you decide to get the game. It's great!

Team 'Poly

Comment

Working...
      X